power door lock actuator install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88bluehf

i bought a set of power door lock actuators out of a 6g civic coupe and i wish to install them in my del sol.. i know that they are a bolt in affair but ive never messed with wiring before on locks. i do not have a control unit and i know this would make my life easier..lol..how do i hook these up? i have both actuators and an unlock switch.
thanks

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 24 2004, 12:05 AM
ok do you have any wiring for them at all?
can you get a switch from a junk yard for 20 bucks?
[post=406663]Quoted post[/post]​

i have the wiring coming out of both actuators, the drivers side has 4 wires and the passenger side has 2 wires as well as the lock unlock switch with the wires, however i don't have the control module. i can probably go back and get it though if it will make my life easier.

oh what colour wire are coming outa the right and left and the switch?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 24 2004, 08:23 PM
oh what colour wire are coming outa the right and left and the switch?
[post=406878]Quoted post[/post]​

left side. white/red,blue/white,black,blue/red
switch.black, grn/white, grean/orange
right side. yellow/red, white/red
i believe i can ignore the blue wire and the black wire on the left actuator and hook the rest up via two relays where the unlock pulse(to motor yellow/red and blue/red) mounts to terminal 30 on one relay and the lock pulse(to motor white/red) hooks to terminal 30 on the other.
and termnals 87 are hooked to ground. terminals 86 of one relay and 85 of the other are wired to 12v constant as well as 87 on both relays. the i hook hte black wire from swith to ground and i send set one wire as unlock(green/orange) to the free 85 terminal and the other lock(green/white) the free 86 terminal... is this right?

is the switch stock or not?
one for the drivers one for the passenger

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Oct 24 2004, 09:25 PM
do you want seperate switches for each door?
one on each door? or only one switch?
[post=406897]Quoted post[/post]​

yes its stock and i believe im just gonna run one switch for the drivers side

ok so you want one button to lock both doors and unlock them.
ok on the right the black wire coming out sound like it is the comon ground so it needs to be grounded. And as for the relays they go like this
treminal
30- 12v+ in from battery
85- Ground
86- 12v+ switched source ie the lock and unlock switch
87- 12v+ out to solinoids

Back