Power Drain/Load In Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

THE_REVEREND

Well Heres The Story. I bought A 94 VTEC Shell, stripped. Then I bought a 95 VTEC that was hit in the back but drove and ran just fine minus really bad body damage. I swaped everything over, including wiring, installed the engine (b16a3), hooked everything up, and it wouldnt start.

When I put the key in, it beeps. Turn it to 1 it still beeps, however, when I put in two it stops or slows. I tried some of the stuff in the compartment, windows didnt work, it just made a whirring noise, but no effect, got my power mirror to move alittle bit, fans wouldnt work, hazards worked ok, headlights just seems to halt everything but didnt light the headlights. Trying to start the car, I could have swore I heard clicking, but car didnt even try to start. It was like, if you tried to start the car, the power just dissapeared.

I checked the battery and its just fine. What could I check that could be causing such a power loss?

Del Sol Arizona

I think I got this down to two things mabye.

Well this car used to have an alarm in it. Most of the wiring that was with the alarm was just clipped into other wiring which just unplugged, however, in the steering column. Theres 3 wires comming from the ignition, a thin black wire, a white wire, and a black wire with a white stripe. Now this black with white wire was split and connected to a relay which I believe was meant for the alarm, so I cut this seperated wire from the relay and reconnected it. i.e. Removed the relay entirely and just made where the wire was with the other wire of the same type. That didnt fix it though.

The other thing is my car has/had abs. The donor car was abs and the reciever did not. So. I have an additional fuse box on my hand. Its pluged into the harness, however theirs a wire sticking out of it, I dont know if this is a positive lead or a negative lead? Where does that go? :)

Back