power gains for a d15b2 dpfi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ponykillerh22

boostless and proud!
here goes, I have a 90 crx with a d15b2 dpfi and I'm just simply trying to see what the easiest way to make the largest gains on power while STAYING dpfi. I just want to have a quick little d15 not to crazy but something to get its ass out of its own way. I wanna stay dpfi just for the fact that everyone does the dpfi to mpfi swap and I just wanna have something a little different. For example I've seen people do cam swaps out of a d15b7, but I'm not too sure of the sohc honda engines like what's what. So any advice at all would be awesome thanks

why would you want to swap in a cam from a vtec motor to a non vtec that would be pointless lol------------i would get a header intake and a decent size cam and get it tuned and it should help alot-----------i have the same motor in my 89 civic sedan and ive thought about boosting it just for shits and giggles i wanna whatch it go boom -----------especially since i have my b16 im waiting to swap in so that i can have more power until i build a new motor for it lol------------------------------------good luck man

here goes, I have a 90 crx with a d15b2 dpfi and I'm just simply trying to see what the easiest way to make the largest gains on power while STAYING dpfi. I just want to have a quick little d15 not to crazy but something to get its ass out of its own way. I wanna stay dpfi just for the fact that everyone does the dpfi to mpfi swap and I just wanna have something a little different. For example I've seen people do cam swaps out of a d15b7, but I'm not too sure of the sohc honda engines like what's what. So any advice at all would be awesome thanks

why would you want to swap in a cam from a vtec motor to a non vtec that would be pointless lol------------i would get a header intake and a decent size cam and get it tuned and it should help alot-----------i have the same motor in my 89 civic sedan and ive thought about boosting it just for shits and giggles i wanna whatch it go boom -----------especially since i have my b16 im waiting to swap in so that i can have more power until i build a new motor for it lol------------------------------------good luck man
the d15b7 is a non vtec motor.but theres not a lot you can do other than a custom cam and head work with the normal bolt ons. and even then i think unless you build the complete motor you will be wishing you had more power

sorry i get my d series mixed up sometimes lol------------but i agree just swap it out for either a bigger motor or a mpfi mani or you will always wish you had more

I never expect to get "fast" out of it, I had an h22a hatch and ill never feel anything like thatout of thisthis peeshooter. But I had a stock b16 in my first rex and it moved with 160 hp, so the way I'm thinkin is the d16y8 I believe (ignore the fact that its has vtec) is pushin 125-130 I believe, so the b16 and the d16y8 have a 30 hp difference I'm sure a rex would get out of its own way still with 130hp. Pretty much what I'm tryin to say is there any way to get 120-130 hp with out doin an dpfi to mpfi swap or a mini me. I'm not tryin to go nuts with the car I'm just tired of toyota prius blowin by me on the highway.

I'm 1000% against turbos and plus I don't wanna go through the hassle of a turbo and spending that much. I think I'm gonna do the mpfi swap and get a d16a6 cam y8 cam gear and call it a day. I'm just lookin to go to a junkyard to get this crap, I don't want to waste money and time and work on something that's never gonna move unless u turbo the shit out of it. I just want this thing to keep up with traffic for now until I have more money to do a swap. The only thing I'm worried about with the d16a6 cam in the d15b2 is floating valves, and I don't know if there's a way to stop that from happening, maybe different valve springs, if any one has any advice on that one that would be awesome. I'm just tryin to save the sohcs.

If I did the the mpfi swap, what would I need? What manifold should I use? I know I have to get a I'M and the ecu that goes with the manifold, but what I'm not sure of is do I need the wiring harness for that manifold I'm guessing out of a crx si or can I make the on I have work? Not too sure if there's anything else. I was thinkin gettin all of this crap out of an si but if there's a better setup please fill me in, thanks.

If I did the the mpfi swap, what would I need? What manifold should I use? I know I have to get a I'M and the ecu that goes with the manifold, but what I'm not sure of is do I need the wiring harness for that manifold I'm guessing out of a crx si or can I make the on I have work? Not too sure if there's anything else. I was thinkin gettin all of this crap out of an si but if there's a better setup please fill me in, thanks.

1 mpfi swap - Google Search

2 obd1 conversion - Google Search

3 d16z6 civic swaps - Google Search=

Back