power loss after about 15 min.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twinturbro

Ok guys kinda a noob I will say when it comes to swaps so I'm looking for some input, I have a 89 ef si b16 running obd0 the car is also running 2 o2s, the problem I'm haveing is this, the cars will start up and run just fine but after about 15-20 min. Of driving at around 55-60ish the car starts to feel like its bucking or chugging just a little bit then after a few more min. Of driving the car has power loss and will only rev to about 2000 rpm it usually lasts for between 3-5 sec somtimes longer the car has even completely died twice but starts right back up, I replaced the #1 o2 and spark plugs and checked for bad grounds and didn't find anything, I was told it could possibly be the dizzy so Im going to order a new one tomorrow and see if the does the trick because the car does have some sporadic Idol but if that is not the issue I'm wondering we're to go from there because the ecu is not throwing any codes at this time, I'd also like to not that the car seems to die the most while going around a corner, any input would be great

if it happens more when turning, that points at something being loose. check injector harness, with the car off, shake the motor in the bay as much you can and see if any part of the harness gets stretched to its max which may cause a wire split inside some loom or something.

if it was the o2s, they would throw a code. i assume you're running a pr3?

[QUOI belive the car is running a pr3E="Briansol, post: 1816092, member: 36611"]if it happens more when turning, that points at something being loose. check injector harness, with the car off, shake the motor in the bay as much you can and see if any part of the harness gets stretched to its max which may cause a wire split inside some loom or something.

if it was the o2s, they would throw a code. i assume you're running a pr3?[/QUOTE]
Yes i

[QUOI belive the car is running a pr3E="Briansol, post: 1816092, member: 36611"]if it happens more when turning, that points at something being loose. check injector harness, with the car off, shake the motor in the bay as much you can and see if any part of the harness gets stretched to its max which may cause a wire split inside some loom or something.

if it was the o2s, they would throw a code. i assume you're running a pr3?
Yes i[/QUOTE]
M

I really doubt it's the distributor. I wouldn't waste your time. Distributor problems would be apparent at start up, not develop after a few minutes. And it would also throw a code.

I agree with Slush, Harness or maybe even a bad coolant sensor... Something is making ya ECU un- happy... I'd also check the fuel presure, see if it drops off.

Back