Power on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So it is done...

Q6600
BFG 680i LT SLi
2x2GB OCZ Gold Edition
BFG 8800GT 512MB
WD 150GB Raptor
20x Dual Layer SATA MadDog DVDROM
Antec TruPower 650w
Antec 900 case

The part I hate...

Holy shit it works!!!

Sitting pretty...

The beast, and it's little brother...

So I got it all together, it installed Vista 64 seemingly no problems, went to reboot to complete installation, and it looped, boot into Vista, reboot computer, boot into Vista, reboot computer....maddening. So after talking to BFG, we decided to reflash my BIOS, now to track down a....floppy. Get the BIOS reflash, same thing, try different SATA connections, reinstall Vista, nothing. One guy finally ask how much memory I have installed, I tell em 4 GB, he says try it with only 2, then update Vista, and install the other 2. Booyah. Booted right into Vista, finished install, and everything is smokin'

Didn't even think about that, but it was fun anyway :) I haven't used a floppy since I flashed my ATi X800.

w00t

Very nice! I'll take pics of my setup and post up when the replacement water parts come in.

Don't you have to be in the OS for those though?

Mine works straight from the BIOS- of course, it's Asus proprietary. Other board manufacturers have their own setups.

Asus allows you to basically hit a key sequence at POST or enter the flash utility through the BIOS screen, then load the ROM file from whatever media you choose- floppy, USB drive, CD, whatever.

Ahh, I have something like that too, unfortunately I didn't until I updated the BIOS lol.

that works in windows. so after you install your os, and you ownlo9ad the new bios, you can just flash it right there in the desktop

winflash ftl. ive used it a few times and most of the time it worked well, except when windows had incompatiable driver and it crashed. flashing bios + os crash = paper weight.

usb boot or bootable cd-rom ftw!!

Back