Power Steering Issue with Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fook

I recently swapped a b18a1 into my 95 si, and I want to regain my powersteering again.

Here's the problem.

I have the DA pump and bracket, but the hose that runs to the rack is too short and the fitting is different.

Can I simply swap the hose too? Or is there a different approach I should take?

im having the same problem with my 93. you have to use a b16 or gsr pump. i have a gsr pump. you HAVE to get the reservor from a 92-95 civic only. it has three holes comming out of it. i have a b16 that was obd0 so i need a new crank pully to drive mine but thats pretty much it

Quoted post[/post]]
im having the same problem with my 93. you have to use a b16 or gsr pump. i have a gsr pump. you HAVE to get the reservor from a 92-95 civic only. it has three holes comming out of it. i have a b16 that was obd0 so i need a new crank pully to drive mine but thats pretty much it

well I have the DA pump, bracket, belt, and my car was the SI so the reservoir is already there, my only issue is the hose that runs from the top of the pump to the rack, I need to modify that to work somehow.

otherwise id have to change to the b16 stuff, change the hose anyways im sure (it seems too short), change the crank pulley, just not sure what will and wont work completely.

just put all civic stuff in the car and keep your b18 pump. im not 100% sure but you might need the diffrent pump like a b16 or a gsr

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

well I have the DA pump, bracket, belt, and my car was the SI so the reservoir is already there, my only issue is the hose that runs from the top of the pump to the rack, I need to modify that to work somehow.

otherwise id have to change to the b16 stuff, change the hose anyways im sure (it seems too short), change the crank pulley, just not sure what will and wont work completely.

I believe the DA pump uses a v belt and the pressure hose mount is slightly different. You either need a DA powersteering pressure hose or DC power steering pump, belt, & crankpulley.

Back