1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power steering problem?!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by stev0_wic, Dec 10, 2008.

1. stev0_wic

stev0_wic New Member

for some reason as soon as i swapped motors my power steering started leaking from underneath the boot on the steering rack. i don't understand why it never did before, but thats beside the point. now four days ago i started my car up early because it was cold, and it started to whine like it was low on fluid. i didn't think anything of it until i heard a loud snap and then no more whine. so then i got back in the car and i didn't have power steering. i figured i snapped a belt, but when i popped the hood it was a disaster. my crankshaft pulley was just hanging there and when i took it out the bolt was still there, which i figured had broken, was with it and what had broken was the crank. it snapped off where that bolt threads in and was still on the bolt. i don't understand what happened but the bolt itself was not threaded all the way in when i looked at it, it wasn't even finger tight. i think that maybe it was that way on the motor and caused a week spot. i could use your help on this one and also how hard is it going to be to fix it. oh yeah i forgot it is a d16z6 in a 95 civic coup

2. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Sounds like ya are in a pickle.. Honestly who needs power steering? LOL, Best of luck with the fix!

3. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

Maybe find another power steering unit, i dont have power steering in mine anyway, feel the road better, but to hell with parallel parking without it. Sorry man i dont know much about power steering except that they go often.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted