power steering pump going bad???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

frodotoolbox

92 civic si d15b
my friend just got a 92 prelude and its makeing a squeeky noise and at first i thught the guy who put the new clutch in put it in backwards but now i think its the pwer steering pump cuz he is leeking fluid real bad and it has barley any in the container thing. would it be the pump and does that meen he needs to et a new one????????

Could be the pump. Could be a seal. Could be a line. There is no way to tell unless you get under there and look.

it looks like its leaking frod the top metal seal but its making a whining noise and idk if its just cuz its not lubricated or cuz it $hit the bed.

Top metal seal? Slow down, think, then type. Use proper grammar or something close to it. Help us help you.

Usually I have found if it is a line it is the high pressure line. Make sure all connections associated with the power steering are tight too. Could be a simple fix! Maybe when the guy put the new clutch in he took something off and didnt tighten things down correctly.

^^^

Or the unicorns.

I'm gonna follow you around with this shit, man.

it might be something loose i looked at it a few days ago and i had 3 loose bolts so there might be some more so ill have to go look thanks jamie for the post

yea oh hey when u come to my house tomorrow morning if im up i want to show u smething n the pump idk what it is but u probley do and that might have something to do with it but idk

Back