Power steering questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91DXSedan

2wks and Im gettin busy takin the D15B2 out and puttin the B16A1 in. The motor Im gettin has the power steering pump on it, but the DX does not have power steering. I might be interested in P.Steering but what parts do i need and at what cost?

If I do not have cash for parts needed, what do i do about the PS pump on the B16? Will i need a new belt?

hmm, if it's anything like doing an eg, you have to change the whole subframe and rack, reson to change the subframe is that the mounting points between a power and a manual rack are totally different. I'm not even sure what would fit the ef, probably DA integra, you would also need the power steering pressure and return lines and the resivoir. If you don't have all the parts handy, I wouldn't even bother, cuz even at a junkyard it's gonna cost a couple hundred.
Not sure why you would want the power steering efs are nothing to steer, unlike my car, it takes away from horsepower and is added weight. I would just take the power steerig pump off the b16 and just run the alternator.

Not really into power steering....

I was just checkin on my options as it is my first swap, and the ad says the motor comes with all the whistling bells.
Anyway, thanks again welfare i do appreciate it.:)

Back