Power Steering Removal Kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo99

Does anyone know where I can get a kit to remove my power steering stuff? Can I just yank all that crap out? After the swap, I couldn't accomodate it so it's just disconnected and just sitting there. It makes squeaky noises sometimes because it hits the belt. No power steering feels way better. I don't want to hear you pussies complaining about no power steering either so don't even post. It pisses me off knowing that it's still there and useless.

My engine bay is crowded as it is. Any help would be great. Thanks.

loop your power steering rack

its pretty easy

heres a link that has all of the info and a few methods of doing it

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=184202

right now i am running the simple loop .... this spring i will be upgrading to the loop with the breather

no :cliffs: there is some very good info in there... go read it

good fucking article man it took me a shit load of time to figure out how to do it, and i never even thought of a breather.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Feb 24 2004, 01:25 AM
The other "plus" in my dx besides ac is not having power steering...

yes but the power rack has a closer ratio (requires less movement of the steering wheel to get the same ammount of movement at the wheels)

so a looped power rack has all the feel, none of the weight, and turns "quicker" :)

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Feb 24 2004, 01:30 AM
um my dx had a power rack in it

:unsure:

optional????

:shrug2:

hmmmm, when i did it to my prelude i didn't do anything but rip the shit out- jesus i had no idea i needed to do anything :shrug2:

-but wait is it necessary to do those modifications for safety? or is that just to retain some of the ease of power steering without the parasitic drag of the pump?? HELP

oh, so to completely whore this post for a minute, the way I did the prelude could have possibly resulted in a loss of steering at some point? shit i'm glad it didn't happen to me

basicly the fluid lubes the gears
without it you could get several things to happen
binding, breaking, etc .... or nothing at all
its a roll of the dice

:thumbsup:

and if you can .... do the breather .... without it the steering gets a little tight if your going through a LOT of corners

i will be doing the breather soon... its really annoying and can get unsafe

Back