Power Steering Removal On 93 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ohmstable

Anyone know what I should do with the power steering hoses considering I'm removing the whole power steering system for my swap. Do I remove the hoses and cap off the ends at the firewall? Is there something else that I need to do?

Any info would be great.

are you putting it back in or leaving it out? If you intend to get rid of it completely you need to get a manual steering rack and do a swap, it really not worth it

you need to at least loop a hose between the two holes do not just cap them off
there is another way to do it involving a T off the loop with a breather (not really necissary for daily drivers but if you plan to autoX/road course the car it is a good idea)

I say take it out, had mine removed but I never got a chance to install the manuel rack since I sold my car shortly after. Well what I can say from experience is that it's more responsive when driving, parking is a bitch especially parallel parking. I believe that you can get a manuel rack from either a CRX or non power steering EG. Good Luck.
Oh, just to add something, I did it for weight savings, better response and also less rotational mass on my bottom end.

Milan

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 8 2003, 07:02 PM
you need to at least loop a hose between the two holes do not just cap them off
there is another way to do it involving a T off the loop with a breather (not really necissary for daily drivers but if you plan to autoX/road course the car it is a good idea)

:werd:
or else it will build pressure and cause harder steering

im looking to put power steering in my dx hb, how about a trade, manual rack for power rack. pm me and tell me whats up.

There was a good write up about this on hondatech were the person actually posted a step by step with pictures and the correct parts to get.

Milan

Back