Power Steering Tight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

I have a question, and i need all the advice i could get!!!!!!
I have a 93 Civic SI 5spd. My steering is really tight in the sense fo when im making a turn (left or right) its really hard either way.(this car is has power steering). I recently changed the power steering pump and replace the rack and drain the fluid. When the i drive for long periods of time, the steering gets ALITTLE looser but still hard. When its cold outside i get a squeak from the steering colum turning left or right!!! Please can ANYONE HELP ME...THIS IS DRIVING ME UP THE WALL....CANT CONTROL THE CAR AS HOW I WANT TO....

THANX,
JAZZY JAY

you might have air in the lines.... is the belt still attatched??? (i know it seems like a stupid question but ive thrown a PS belt before)

ok this might now apply to power steering cars, but the squeaky sound on my car was the steering gear box inside were the rack goes. I just found a used rack and replaced it with another.

What would cause the rack to malfunction???? I changed the rack 4 months ago!!!! Could that new rack go bad also in such short time. Or could the problem be something else?????? :huh:

Back