power steering

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

Would it be involved to add power steering to my 94 civic hatch? What parts would I need, and could I get them from an Integra..or would it be better to get them from another civic? Anyone ever done this? Is it easy, difficult?

Thanks,truoss

dont bother ... it just adds weight and robs power

powersteering = :thumbsdown:

well, it wouldn't involve you in the NAACP.

:blink:

use whatever power steering pump is from the same motor as yours. if you have a stock motor in the hatch, i doubt you can use an integra pump.

power steering is for pussies anyways. you're driving a goddamn 2k lb honda, for christsake

Yeah, I agree that it's really not worth the trouble....but, I am not the only person driving the car. My girlfriend thinks that ever since I put aftermarket wheels and tires on, the car handles like crap. Personally I love it....but, oh well. Also...she seems to have trouble turning the steering wheel when parallel parking.

Anyway, I will have a b18c with powersteering pump arriving in a few days. So, what will I need to do? Any info, greatly appreciated. Thanks!

read the reference section bro....dropping a b18 is more or less the same as a b16.

and tell your chic to work out more...lol

a girl i used to talk to drives a 95 civic with no p/s...

tell your chic that handjobs will strengthen her forearms

dude, good advise, thanks. lol

I'm not asking how to install a b18c, I just want to know the steps to add the power steering. After I install the engine, I will have a power steering pump, but that is it.... what else do I need to do to have functioning p/s? Do I need any parts?

oh.

1. unbolt the bolts on the PS pump

2. cut PS hose where it comes out of the firewall

3. make loop to 2 PS hoses on firewall

4. discard PS pump

that's how

:lol:

actuall i dunno what youll need....power steering still sucks, bro.

You'll have to replace your manual steering rack for a power steering rack, and run the hoses, and what not. Find an Si or EX in a junkyard and jusr remove the parts from that. It should bolt right on, but it is going to be a pain in the ass.

I think you all convinced me. She'll just have to live without p/s. I don't need all that work for something I won't really like.

damn, i was hoping i could get that power steering rack outta my yard, but it was from a 94 teg (still shoulda fit.) I was gonna do the same thing but it was just a waste and wasnt worth the time. It came with my swap and havent gotten rid of it yet, so if anyone need parts off the powersteering rack including the hubs and shit, let me know.

it is not easy to swap a steeering rack...

tell your woman to get to the gym and to STFU or buy her own car :)

i converted my dx hatchback to power steering, its not that hard once you have the motor out,
just need the pinion rack, p/s coolant lines, p/s pump and the p/s bottle, took me a lil bit over 1 hour,

Truoss...how much you got your power steering for? i have one laying around for cheap! its from my JDM 98 B18c, has 31k on it. I put it on ebay couple weeks ago but no one bid on it so I took it off the auction. My come with everything with brackets, the little pulley too. but too bad you already bought your. honestly, you dont really need power steering, you will adapt to without power steering.

Back