Power Vs. Gas Milage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Troll

Well, I'm getting this '94 Honda Civic DX, and it gets great gas milage. What I would like to do is get more power under the hood without having to deal much with gas stations every few miles. I would like a list of stuffs that I should get for it.

on hondata's website I believe there is a turbo GSR that gets 30 MPG at 85-90MPH. I wouldn't worry much about your gas mileage. Unless you start pushing some massive air volume ala forced induction, you will probably only need an increase in fuel of maybe a few percent. Besides, staying with your stock ECU, you can't add anymore fuel without a fuel pressure regulator.

If your keeping your motor, doing a headers back exaust, cold/ram air intake. That is a standard slight increase power setup. But if you want real power, consider swapping your motor out for a b16 or an LS. They offer much better power than your current motor, and maintain fuel efficiency. Now if your really wild, you can swap a motor then Turbo it, or go all motor( engine building). Into that realm your talking thousands of dollars, and a significant possible hit to your gas mileage.

On the norm, do what you want. Your foot is what controls your gas mileage mostly :)

swaping honda engines wont kill gas mileage at all, b/c their still honda engines. The only way you would really kill gas mileage is with FI - (TC,SC, Nitrous Oxide). Making big power takes alot of gas no way around it, but you will get mileage then a V6 or V8 with the same boost PSI B)

LEt me see...Honda engines will always have the good gas mileage so my vote is what else...

POWER

HAve some fun and get a swap. An LS swap will blow your mind...I'll find out as soon as my civic is back from the shop....God dammit I tell ya...[mumbles]damn mechanic....4 days and can't get my swap in....[/mumbles]

Back