power window broken.. help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. so for the past 9 months or so my passenger window has not been rolling down.. well, summer is coming up and its gonna be hot so i need to get it fixed ... i'm pretty sure the culprit is the window regulator, but not sure so i wanna check it first.. how would i go about checking to see if thats the problem before going and buying one..

Also, when changing the regulator.. what all comes out? the whole window assembly?

btw 01 Integra 2dr

just pull your door pannel off (i assume you already checked the fuse), disconnect your window regulator connector and get a volt meter. test for current in the connector pins or whatever is in there. you can also use a test light. you will need to have someone trying to work the window switch up and down to get current. if no current, check the wiring for damage. mice sometimes chew on wires. i highly doubt it is a bad switch since you have two of them. they usualy dont go out at the same time. as a last attempt, remove the window regulator and connect it again and test it. becareful because the window will slam down in the door when you pull the regulator off. you will see that removing it is easy. you dont need to remove the window glass

i've been looking at it, but it looks like its attached to the rails that the window is connected to

but at least you know how to check to see if voltage is getting to the regulator

well, i fixed it... haha .. i had the passenger door torn apart and someone had said to check the driver side switch.. so i check it and everything seemed fine.. except you plug was undone.. it was for the door locks though (lazy window people not hooking everything up) .. tried the window again and nothing.. window lock was on OFF, but i switched it to on and tried it again.. bam, window rolls down..

Back