power window speed issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

justin94

I have a '94 Accord EX. I bought and replaced the window regulators for my front driver and front passenger sides. Driver side works good, a little slow still I think, but doesn't stop part way rolling up. My passenger side still sucks though. Same speed and problem. I'm gonna keep the new parts, my car needs them, probably first time they've been replaced. Anyways, what can I do to speed them up?

Are the tracks and mechanisms still good? Just make sure they can move up and down smoothly. If they're dirty, clean them up grease the metal-to-metal areas.

see if the rails are bent? Listen to the motor....is it straining more then the driver's side?

Sometimes the windows (if you don't clean them or live in a dusty/dirty area) get a buildup of crap in the window channels that after time bind on the glass/tinting and will pull or stretch the bottom of the rubber down eventually deforming it and it comes out jamming the glass. (which over time will kill your motor)
While your in there and the rubber/fuzzies are good, spray some good silicone spray up and down the rubber channels. I use a jet nozzle to get a good stream in them and run it up and down a few times. ANd get a good grease to put in the channel where the little rollers guide.

E

while you have the door pannels off tomorrow remove the window motors but keep them connected. test them and listen for any strain in the motor itself. it should spin relatively fast with no window weight on them. you may have to connect a short wire from the window motor to the door if its grounded normally through its mount inside the door. i've never done this myself but you need to be sure you have good clean contact in the connectors if the terminals are dirty you may get a weak electrical contact in the connector causing a slow window motor. greasing up the window tracks and all that is definately also a great idea. good luck

Back