Power window swap??'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Good morning, I found a lx 4dr in a local yard and was wondering if the power window wiring is there in a dx 4dr to swap in the motor and trans linkage to have power front windows. I really don't need it in the rear though. And don't have time to strip harnesses and rewire.

And instead of making another thread, What about the cruise control??
Can that be swapped also to a DX 4dr?

Thanks. E

Last edited:
Cruise can be swapped over, but aftermarket is easier- stock wiring is really complicated.

I haven't done the power window swap, but after looking through wiring diagrams and how much fun it is to get everything mounted into position, an aftermarket setup seems easier to me too. Most of the just mount a drive inside your door that turns the manual crank. I've used the aftermarket setup several times with quite a bit of success.

For some reason I forgot to apply a little trick of shooting some silicone spray down the window chanels and man did it help it out going up and down. Sometimes the dust builds up down the chanel and tends to gain resistance and pulls it down and finally tears it.
So, now it's not that bad to crank it..
I'm STILL having problems killing the chiming for the seatbelt warning light though..
I made another thread about it but NO ONE seams to know how to disable it.
(I used 90 teg seats and have them hooked up and still chimes)

Thanks though. E

Last edited:
Back