Power windows and locks on 89 hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

I want to put power windows and locks in my 89 HF. Would i just take SI door guts and pannel? What about the wiring? I was told that the 88-91 SI and HF have the same harness so it should just plug in right?.....

the engine side is the same i don't know about the interior but get all the guts and realays and i can talk you through it

Hmm so what the hell am i going to do about power windows and locks?

Custom mount something in there. I've got a SPAL kit for power windows in my Civic and something else for the locks (not sure what brand). There are tons of kits out there in the aftermarket for power locks and windows. You can always fab in a setup from another Civic, but your stock door panels might not have space to fit all the gear. Working inside the door shells to install power window tracks and all that isn't fun either- but it can be done. I would recommand a simple aftermarket kit, but that's me.

some older modle cars came equiped with them just get a set from any 2 door you onlyt need to drill 4 hole at the most its an easy swap as for the power locks you just cut the stock panel then use that piece to fill the window crank hole.
Calesta do you like your spal kit?
i heard the break easy and don't work
and the other brand is autolock

I believe that the CRX SiR came with power windows and locks....but good luck finding that stuff here in America. Try to go through a JDM importer or something.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 29 2004, 03:57 PM
Calesta do you like your spal kit?
i heard the break easy and don't work
and the other brand is autolock
[post=423719]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah I know the other brand is Autoloc, but I don't think that's who makes my locks. I'll have to ask the guys that put them in 5 years ago. I've been very satisfied with my SPAL kit. The front left window motor burned out after about 55k miles, but the rest are fine. A replacement motor was only $40 and took me all of 10 minutes to replace.

Oh- I didn't have any issues when I took the car on a ski trip. Supposedly SPAL's also changed their design since I installed the kit, so they should be even better now.

Ah, ok. I did this way back when I had never done anything other than stereo installs, so I know I would have taken a different route now. Can you get me regulators for a Pathfinder? :D

what year and all depends on wht i find on this weekend shopping trip

just a shot, but you could try getting the power window stuff from a 90-93 Integra. you may have to do some cutting to mount the switches but it should work in the CRX. just an idea.... :unsure:

Back