1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power windows?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by aLLmOtOr, Nov 17, 2003.

1. aLLmOtOr

aLLmOtOr Senior Member

Ok I have a 96 Hatchback CX, and we know that this is a really cheap car! I was to add power wondows and power door locks with an OEM look (use OEM switches). How can I do it? Any suggetsions? Can I get the door pannels off another car? And I also want to add a tachometer. Should I just buy an afetrmarket tach? or is it possible to add the EX guage cluster? Is it plug and play?

2. ek9r

ek9r Senior Member

you need ex door panels for the power conversion. then go to honda and buy the harness for the power windows. i suggest getting complete doors off a ex.

3. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

for the tach you could buy a si or ex cluster. make sure and get the manual one or you will have the stupid gear thing.

4. seanjuan

seanjuan Senior Member

even if you got the complete doors off another car that had power windows, aren't you still going to need to run wires from the drivers side to the passenger side? those wires wouldn't allready be there I don't think
    but still, your best bet would be to get the door that have the motors in them allready. otherwise be prepared to do alot of work to install

5. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

I have seen it done one time when i was looking for a hatch for me. It was a 2000 cx hatchback with al power options (doors). He took the doors off of a SI and did all the wiring himself. I believe it would be a lot of work. It is possible though. <_<

6. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

i got a complete SPAL power winow kit, if you are interested in going, non-oem..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted