Powerball, anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Winners in AZ and MO. Not to shabby of a prize to split. It was about $580 million when it went off.

Not too shabby at all. I wonder if they will release their names, I know every state is different. Some states you can remain anonymous...

Not too shabby at all. I wonder if they will release their names, I know every state is different. Some states you can remain anonymous...
I would. I'd even train my replacement at work after giving my 2 weeks for "a better opportunity". No need to have all the old high school and college acquaintances come around looking for a handout.

Not remaning anonomous is the worst thing you can do.

everyone you ever met will want a hand out.
citys will want parks
your college will want a new building
everyone else wants your money, putting your wife, kids, and even yourself at risk for ransom, hostage, and other security issues because criminals know you can pay.

if your state doens't allow anonmous winnings, form a trust or an llc or even a music label and claim it under that.

everyone you ever met will want a hand out.
citys will want parks
your college will want a new building
everyone else wants your money, putting your wife, kids, and even yourself at risk for ransom, hostage, and other security issues because criminals know you can pay.

if your state doens't allow anonmous winnings, form a trust or an llc or even a music label and claim it under that.

This is exactly why everyone should have a Revocable Living Trust with something other than your name as the name of the RLT.

You win, you put the ticket on the Schedule of Articles, and then have the trust claim it. It also allows for the winnings/annuity to be paid out to the specified beneficiaries in the RLT, once some work has been done.

Since, you'll need a tax ID once you claim those winnings, you'll have to expand the trust to become a taxable entity. In the early stages, all you want to happen is for the trust to own the ticket. Also important to remember is that you want the ticket identified on the schedule of articles by the serial number of the ticket not by the winning numbers.

:werd:

Anonymous Man Claims $4.75 Million Jackpot

Illinois Lottery welcomes latest Lotto winner

Des Plaines, Ill. – September 4, 2008 – The most recent winner of the Illinois Lottery’s popular Lotto game remains a mysterious figure. Camera-shy, the unknown winner caused quite a stir after his estate advisor claimed his $4.75 million Lotto jackpot with a ticket purchased from a store in Romeoville. Charles Bellock, who serves as estate advisor and spokesperson for the winner, said that immediately after learning about the jackpot win, his client was dedicated to responsibly managing his newfound fortune. “He has thought through his estate planning in light of this good fortune, carefully considering if he will receive it in a lump sum or in annuity payments over a period of time,” Mr. Bellock said. “He wants the payments directed to the trustee of his trust to avoid notoriety.” Mr. Bellock added that his client has explored every possibility for planning his future, saying, “He’s absolutely done due diligence.” The win proves timely for Lotto’s mystery man, who according to Mr. Bellock left his position in the entertainment industry around a year ago to take care of his ailing mother. “This will certainly help him better care for his mother,” Mr. Bellock said. ... “It’s fantastic to see our players taking such great care of their winnings,” said Jodie Winnett, Acting Superintendent for the Illinois Lottery. “We share in this gentleman’s excitement at winning the Lotto jackpot, and we’re especially proud to play a role in his ability to successfully plan for his future.”

"client" became "gentleman" real quick. Anonomint fail.

Funny thing is that if you win, there are ways of tracing the winnings, via public records systems. You can only stay as anonymous as the systems will let you.

The dedicated stalkers will always find you, but that cuts down on 99% of the people asking for handouts

196279_500801733285806_1030829990_n.jpg

the same as winning / 54 factorial or something ? lol

a Mo couple claimed one half already. dumbasses used their names and made a stement on day 2.

retards.

they have 3 kids too.

$5 says a reality show or ransom issue happens within the next 5 years for these morons.

there's a video floating around from a maryland convenience store that shows a man walk in to check his numbers, says he bought the ticket when he was in arizona.
jumps up and down, shows the cashier and a couple customers
no word on whether it was legit, as it still appears to be unclaimed

whoever has the ticket now prob cant turn it in cause its covered in blood, if you know what i'm saying

who the F goes to a store to check numbers these days? watch it on tv, the news or the net immediately... especially these super big ones that get all he press.

Back