Poweredge 400sc 300$

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

I am selling a poweredge 400sc for 300$. Up for sale is my Poweredge server/workstation.

It has Server 2003 currently but works great with Windows XP.

I used it as a file server using FTP as well as a web host and it has never had any problems. I am upgrading so I must sell this.

THis tower runs VERY quiet. It would make a perfect workstation for someone with a slow pc

THe specs are as follows

Recommended Deployment
File/print server
Replacement for desktop-based peer-to-peer networks
Ports
6 x USB 2.0
1 x parallel
2 x serial
2 x PS/2

Power
Single power supply (250W)

Input Devices
PS/2 keyboard
PS/2 mouse

Graphics
ATI Rage XL PCI graphic card

pe_400sc_300.jpg

Asking 300 dollars. Fully functional

Comes with
1 P4 2.8 proc with HT technology
1 40 gig IDE drive (not maxtor)

Ultra 160 controller+ drives available for extra cost. 16 gig drives also available

Comes with ac97 onboard sound
8mb video (who needs 128meg video when using remotely??)!!
gigabit ethernet port

Mint condition

Has server 2003 currently loaded. Will not ship with OS

Review
"To make a long story short, whether you're looking for a machine to play with Longhorn on, or just an inexpensive server or workstation machine, I would certainly recommend that you take a look at the Dell 400sc. It's inexpensive, the performance so far seems very good, and the build quality and attention to detail are really impressive. The chassis is nearly completely toolless (the only exception being that you need a screwdriver to attach the drive rails if you're installing a new drive), and is set up to make upgrades almost entirely painless. To upgrade the video card I simply opened the case, released the latch holding in all the expansion cards, removed the crappy 8MB PCI card, installed the new AGP card (note that AGP is functional, but not officially supported), and replaced the latch. All of the drive cable plugs have loop handles so that you can remove the plugs without straining the cable or bending pins...very well-thought out. As if you can't tell, I'm very pleased with this machine (I'm already considering buying another to replace a noisy rack server I use for my Web server...unlike my noisy box, the 400sc is nearly silent)."

Back