ppl who have H22's in there 92-95 Civic HB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey im thinkin bout doin this swap in my 92 HB.. for those who have done this before did you notice alot a change with the handling of your hb.. cuz the motor is so heavy.. did you upgrade the frunt suspension? if so what did you use? and wich shuld i do a h22 swap in my hb? or a b18c1?? im gona turbo what ever goes in there .. just lookin to figure out what i am gona do with this CX HB beast! leme know guys.. thanks
Tyler

my boy has it in his 92 cx hatch, it's alrite those motors are turbo and spary lovers.. the handling is the almost the same, the weight diff is like 80lbs. not that big of different. It's not a easy swap so if u don't know really dont about better read more.

-Andrew

Originally posted by Vtec Andy.....@Aug 6 2004, 11:25 PM
my boy has it in his 92 cx hatch, it's alrite those motors are turbo and spary lovers.. the handling is the almost the same, the weight diff is like 80lbs. not that big of different. It's not a easy swap so if u don't know really dont about better read more.

-Andrew
[post=373707]Quoted post[/post]​

motor isnt 80 lbs heavier or anything close to it, its a newbie speculation and its been provin on Honda-Tech

I've got a JDM H22a in my 93 Si Hatch and it's a sweeet setup. The extra weight in the front is not that noticable and I'm still running the stock suspension. Mind you it won't handle like my 2" lower CRX but I'm sure with suspension mods it will get close. Although the power to weight ratio will put a smile on your face everytime you accelerate and when you hit Vtec, it's like BOOST just kicked in.

:thumbsup:

In my opinion, it's the best bang for your dollar swap. Don't know about how well it would take the turbo though. :shrug2: I did the swap myself and it wasn't too bad. The only part that required any imagination was the shifter/cables install. Oh and figuring out for myself that the P13 ECU is impossible to get working sometimes so save your self the trouble and go with a chipped P28

https://hondaswap.com/forums/uploads/10..._1091921109.jpg

Back