Pr3 ecu help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crx666

hey i got a 91 dx hatch obd0 B16a and a PR3 ecu . Do i need to run the knock sensor with a PR3 ?just cause the plastic part of the plug on the knock sensor broke off ,and i heard of some ecu's r able to bypass it. Or should i replace the knock sensor and run the wire? I tryed searching for it but couldnt get a 100% sure answer...can anyone help me?..Thanks.

You should be able to run without the knock sensor as it only puts out a voltage when knock actually occurs, so by not having it is the same as there being no knock present. You may get an error code as the ECU may be expecting "X" amount of resistance on the circuit but it shouldnt affect how it runs unless of coarse if the engine actually knocks and the ECU cannot retard the ignition to compensate. If you have a chipped ecu it can be turned off in the program.

i t will affect performance if the check light is on all you have to do is solder a plug on the end of it and hook it up its pretty straight forward its one wire it makes a diff

Back