pr3 ecu tuning ?? totally new to this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

i need some info on tuning, i have a obdo pr3 ecu in my 89 b16 civic si and im using bigger injectors 340cc, so im going to tune it for the bigger injectors, and after i get cash to turbo ill tune again, but my question is how hard is it to tune if i buy the tuner like crome or handata?? and is it expencive to have a shop do it?? the closest shop to me is a 2 hr drive away so if i could find a cheap enough setup i would attempt it myself instead of drive...

crome and hondata are for obd1 ecu's.

For obd0, you want either turbo edit or BRE.

There's 0 logical reason to use larger injectors until you go turbo... but if you have them and not the stock ones, then yes, you should tune.. at least get a b16 basemap and enter the inector multiplier.

Tuning is a science. it can't be tought overnight. it's something you need to learn by doing after doing a LOT of reading so you KNOW what to shoot for at X rpm, X map, and X psi.

ok thanks now i need to buy turbo edit or bre in order to change the injector basemap.. whares a good place to get this at??

Back