1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pr3 ecu tuning ?? totally new to this

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by blasterman87, Jun 5, 2009.

1. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

i need some info on tuning, i have a obdo pr3 ecu in my 89 b16 civic si and im using bigger injectors 340cc, so im going to tune it for the bigger injectors, and after i get cash to turbo ill tune again, but my question is how hard is it to tune if i buy the tuner like crome or handata?? and is it expencive to have a shop do it?? the closest shop to me is a 2 hr drive away so if i could find a cheap enough setup i would attempt it myself instead of drive...

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

crome and hondata are for obd1 ecu's.

For obd0, you want either turbo edit or BRE.

There's 0 logical reason to use larger injectors until you go turbo... but if you have them and not the stock ones, then yes, you should tune.. at least get a b16 basemap and enter the inector multiplier.

Tuning is a science. it can't be tought overnight. it's something you need to learn by doing after doing a LOT of reading so you KNOW what to shoot for at X rpm, X map, and X psi.

3. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

ok thanks now i need to buy turbo edit or bre in order to change the injector basemap.. whares a good place to get this at??

4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

5. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

6. blasterman87

blasterman87 New Member

my computer wont open the zip files after i download them..?? whats the deal wit that??

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted