pr3 with chip

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxracing77

which chip should i get when i do my swap.. with just header, intake, exhaust....?

i remember when i did my swap last yr in my other crx cory thompson swapped the ecu for a chiped one with mugen chip in it... took out rev limiter and did something with the fuel i think//

Personally I like have a rev limiter in my car, it prevents stupid mistakes. I am a firm believer that if you are going to start playing with fuel/ignition maps that it should be done right, with a system that will allow you to tune them for your particular motor and modifications.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 29 2002, 11:10 AM
Personally I like have a rev limiter in my car, it prevents stupid mistakes.  I am a firm believer that if you are going to start playing with fuel/ignition maps that it should be done right, with a system that will allow you to tune them for your particular motor and modifications.

in regards to that... what if you have an engine built to rev to 10K but you spent every penny doing so and dont have extra money to buy an expensive programable ECU? ::cough:: my situation ::cough::

Then set the rev limiter to 10k, but I think that pulling the rev limiter entirely is a bad idea. The base model Hondata s200 is not too expensive, cheaper than a VAFC. I believe in doing the entire build right, not putting thousands into the motor and then skimping on the electronics. It will take me longer to "finish" my engine, but I feel I will be more satisfied with the finished product if I take this route.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 29 2002, 11:50 AM
The base model Hondata s200 is not too expensive, cheaper than a VAFC.

I think you're mistaken... The S200 is $420, and a VAFC is $330.

Maybe you were thinking of the S100 @ $245

I was also thinking of getting them local. The shops around here charge more like $440-$460 for a VAFC. Online you are correct.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 29 2002, 12:51 PM
The shops around here charge more like $440-$460 for a VAFC.

Wow that is rediculous... I got mine for $250 new.

Yes it is rediculas, but when there are only 2 shops any where near me and they are far enough apart they don't have to compete that is what happens. For example the cheapest I can get a Skunk2 manifold for, new and parts only, no install, is $430 for a B16 head.

Back