pr3???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zack zerr

well this guy i know wants to trade me a pr3 for my p28... i want to run it in my car but... i think its a type r ecu.... right? well he says my b18a1 will be ok to run with this ecu.... but isnt it v tec?

Are you converted to OBDI? Because the P28 is an OBDI SOHC VTEC ECU, the PR3 is an OBD0 DOHC VTEC ECU. If your running OBDI neither of these are the right ECU for your motor, you should be running a P75 or OBDI PR4, if your running OBD0 youll need an OBD0 PR4.

both the pr3 and the p28 are vtec ecu's .. you shouldnt be using either of them
the pr3 is for a b16 ..some are obd0, some are obd1

well i am obd0 now but i have the jumper to run the p28 but im not v tec.. this is from when i had the mini me... im trading it for a obd1 pr4 or the pr3.... i thought maby the pr3 would be better... i heard a rumor around my friends that my brother was runnin a pr3 in his crx with b18a1... thats why i asked

sell the p28 and buy a pr4.... it'd be a terrible trade.. u could sell the p28 for $100 and buy a pr4 for $50-60 or maybe even less

sell the p28 and buy a pr4.... it'd be a terrible trade.. u could sell the p28 for $100 and buy a pr4 for $50-60 or maybe even less

:werd: You could get rid of the P28 right now for $100, and pick up a OBD0 PR4 for $50 (I have one in good working order Id let go for that)

Youre still obd0, you need either a Pr4 or a Pm6. I ran my Ls off a Pm6 for almost a year no problems, ran a 9.6 in the 1/8 mile with that ecu so anyone that says a Pm6 wont run a LS can GTFO...no seriously the PM6 is mapped for a SOHC but you can tune the fuel a little with a fuel pressure regulator.

The LS runs like shat off a PR3, the head isnt built enough to rev past 7500rpm, itll float the valves and its pointless to do. Ive tried it, so you dont need to. If you build the Ls head, bigger valves, better springs and a camshaft then yeah you could take advantage of a higher redline but on a stock head it would be a waste..

Back