Pre paided mobile phones

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I am looking at getting a cheap cell phone, no contract, and the virgin mobile plan looks the best. It is 25 cents a minute for the first 10 minutes of everyday, and 10 cents a minute after that. Another reason why I am looking at this one is that my freind works at best buy, and he can get me a $70 phone for 35 dollars, plus with the phone cards, he gets them for like 5 dollars off.

Some of the other things included

-Voice mail, just pay for air time
-No actavation fee
-Coverage area uses the Sprint PCS lines, so plenty of services areas (when out of network, the phone just does not work since there is no roaming)
-Caller ID
-Lots of ring tones

I love this one (real player warning, sorry B)

So what do you guys think? Anyone use virgin mobile?

Don't get it. You have to add $20 or $30 per 60 days or something so you'll either stockpile minutes or run out. Just get a cheap plan for like $15-$20 per month.

My phone comes with the contract. If I was to go pre-paid it would cost me more than what I pay now...
I had one of the phones that came with tons of free ring tones, but it would break every 2 months, at $35 per phone, my current phone comes with a couple of ring tones, but is rock solid!!!

I have a pre-paid phone, and I love it. It's not any more wxpensive than a contract phone, and works just as well. And I can cancel it at any time

i have a Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone and love it! i got the Kyocera KE433 model. its pretty cool because you can download ring tones, send text messaging, play games all just like a normal cell phone. i dont use it much, but i really like it.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 12 2004, 09:36 PM
i have a Virgin Mobile pre-paid phone and love it! i got the Kyocera KE433 model. its pretty cool because you can download ring tones, send text messaging, play games all just like a normal cell phone. i dont use it much, but i really like it.

c thats the thing, I dont use the phone that often so these would be fine for me. Also, I dont want a contract because I might possibly move up to the U.P. (for those not around the midwest, UP = upper pinnsiula of michigan = about 30 years behind normal socitey. They have no service for the entire UP)
So that pretty much rules out a contract.

I am probally going to get the rave phone from them. It is fairly cheap (about $30 with my hook up) and the phone comes with alot of stuff that normall cells come with.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 12 2004, 11:34 PM
i got the K7 Rave phone (the one you want). good choice man :thumbsup:

yea. I really want either the flip up one (its an auidovox) or the slider one, however, even with my freinds discount (everything at wholesale price) the auidovox is still about 70, and the slider v5 is 100. That is just a little too much for a throw away phone.

I use something called MetroPCS, no contract, 39.95 unlimited minutes but you have to buy the phone and the service isn't all that. but you get what you pay for

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jan 13 2004, 12:31 AM
I use something called MetroPCS, no contract, 39.95 unlimited minutes but you have to buy the phone and the service isn't all that. but you get what you pay for

Well if i wanted to spend that much money, I would just buy the AT&T Mlife phone, where you get x amount of minutes for 40, with no contract.

Back