Preffered Clutch Kits ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88Dark

Me again XD

Guys , I want to put a 'real' clutch in my car and not some OEM peice of garbage , I know it only has a B20 but still , I can pull more out of it with a better clutch , This weekend hopefull my momo seat will come and the intake I ordered.

They have had it on back order for a 'month' so they say , I think they're just trying to rip me off.

But back to topic , What company should I go throgh , Stage size would be appropriate , would it be neccassary for me to change the pressure plate ? pitch fork ? Throw out bearing ? Slave / Master cylinder , Etc..

Or should I just get the Clutch it'self and forget the flywheel and pressure plate ?
Tell me what you guys think.

1990 Prelude , 2.0 Si -5 speed.

I would get the act xtreme pressure plate with the street/strip disc. Unless you have lots and lots of power this is all you will need. I have the xtreme plate with a solid 6 puc on my jdm h22 and it takes a lot of concintration to drive on the street, but when it grabs, it grabs hard! It is pretty harsh but I will be foing FI soon.

Right on , I'll look into all that jazz in a minute.
I got plenty of power going to it , Got some diff. injectors , weapon r dragon intake , some cam gears , better vavles and springs , just a little here and there but I'd say some where around 160 is coming out of it right now , Haven't had it dyno'd though. Still plan to put on my 8kb turbo and a 80 shot dry nos kit.
Maybe some other stuff but I'm waiting to see what all I can get for now.

Samurai out.

1990 Prelude Si - 5 speed.
1991 Subaru XT6 - Dead :(
1988 Subaru XT6 - 5 speed 2.7
1991 Chevy S-10 - 4.3 Vtec - 5 speed.

"Never say die , Hondo!"

u dont need act extreme, just get heavy duty it will work fine.

Back