1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prelude/accord Vtec Swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Robbywthay, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Robbywthay

Robbywthay Junior Member

I have a 1993 prelude S, the f22a sohc non-vtec motor, if i got a head and ecu off an accord ex (f22b) which is the same motor as mine but with vtec, could i swap vtec into my car similar to how and ls/gsr vtec swap or the civic sohc vtec swap works? if you have any idea if that could work let me know so i know to buy the head and ecu. Also would i need any other parts to swap it over and would it be a big project please respond soon to Robbywthay@aol.com[/EMAIL]

also does anyone know a good jdm engine distributor in south fla? :worthy:

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

You're only going to gain a couple of ft-lbs of torque and maybe 10 horsepower with that head swap. In addition to the complete head an ECU (which need to be OBD1), you'd need a VTEC timing belt and possibly a VTEC water pump (if it's different from the non-VTEC).

You'd probably be better off swapping in an H22 or H23.

3. BlackJDMdeath

BlackJDMdeath Senior Member

4. 96prelude

96prelude Senior Member

5. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

if you do not have the money for the h22 swap i will sell you my complete f22 vtec with tranny and ecu for $600 it has 108,000 miles on it and is in great shape doesnt burn any oil and does not smoke a bit email me back or post back if interested i am located in Maine

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted