Prelude Concept

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

s3f2559426dad8.jpg

s3f25593a8b3e0.jpg

I'd rather rock the current ones. But that T-top is pretty cool i guess. Forget that convertible. :spin:

what t-top r u talking about? there isn't one. those pics look like the old ones with body kits and have been photochopped

Well not necessarily a T top, but a Targa Top if you want to be exact.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jul 28 2003, 10:37 AM

Ummmm, aren't they the same thing?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jul 28 2003, 01:38 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Jul 28 2003, 10:37 AM

Ummmm, aren't they the same thing?

nope, Targa top is what the del Sol, supra, and some porsches have. It does not have a center bar. A T-top is like what is on the OLD mustangs, commaros, MR2, ect. If you look at them from up to, you would see that there would be an I that is formed.

In short, targa, = whole removal top part of roof
T-Top = :mullet: 2 removable panels that leaves a bar down the center.

but both of those would be total trailor queens. Yes I think both look nice but on a car that is intually designed as a hard top and is later retro fitted to a targa or convertible, the car ends up flexing like a taco. The reason why convertible are normally heavier then there hard top siblings is because of more structural mods so the car does not flex like crazy. It would be almost impossible to add all that stuff without spending Uber cash.

Yup. There's nothing special about either one... someone just took two pictures of Preludes and lopped off the tops. There isn't even any added bracing drawn in or anything else to make you believe that it could be a real convertible or targa top! I could do that to any car in about 30 seconds.

But of course you dont really need extra bracing. A guy who works at a honda dealer by me, has a semi riced out civic. Well he was jellous of us del sol Guy so he took a saw and cut a "targa top" out. Yea, it looks like he could not get the thing back in because the seats looked like they had been rained on, sun baked, totaly dirty as hell. :fr:

OHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!
I THINK I JUST CAME.

The T TOP LOOOOOOOOOOKS SO YUMMMMMY!
Damn Homie.........

Back