Prelude engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LBBelott

Im trying to figure out what engine would most benefit me for a Prelude. i want to find one with the best combination of hp and torque, but im not sure with all the choices out there?

Last edited:
ok, h22a it is, im thinking type s. ive heard good things about this engine. my brother has one in his accord, although the car itself is in shitty condition, its till fun to drive.

well, if you can find a VTEC version, which from what i hear is very hard to come by since they dont come in cars made here, only in Japan. but if the rest of the car can handle the power boost then ya, go for it.

i already have a jdm block that is getting bored now im trying to find a head for it....cant find one yet been looking for 3 days....but ya getting shaved and dipped crank for light weight friction reduction, and bored out block with forged rods pistons and im trying to find a built head.....so lemme kno

ok well.....

alright im just gonna say already i dont have a prelude but i have truck but because of gas rising so much im gonna sell it for a prelude but the only question was that has anyone ver heard of throwing an srt-4 motor in one? i was thinking it would be a good set up or should i just stay with the original motor and build it up? thanksto anyone that helps:cool:

alright im just gonna say already i dont have a prelude but i have truck but because of gas rising so much im gonna sell it for a prelude but the only question was that has anyone ver heard of throwing an srt-4 motor in one? i was thinking it would be a good set up or should i just stay with the original motor and build it up? thanksto anyone that helps:cool:
this thread is old as hell, and secondly it would be cheaper just to buy a srt4 car

You're a fucking moron. Why would you try to put an SRT-4 motor in a Prelude? There are plenty of good Honda motors that you can boost on; I see absolutely no point in trying to swap a Dodge motor into it...

Back