1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prelude hood problems

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by yOnKiNaToR, Oct 12, 2003.

1. yOnKiNaToR

yOnKiNaToR Junior Member

i have a '92 prelude si and i just got a JDM h22. i have a fiberglass aerogear predator hood. when i went to close the hood, it hit! i thought it was hitting the valve cover on the hood brace so i cut the hood for clearance and it's still hitting...i think now the left vent is hitting the top belt. and since it spins when i run the car, i'm afraid it's gonna rip that belt and hurt my hood...anybody else have this problem with their lude?

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

put the OEM hood back on and sell the Aerogear hood...

3. yOnKiNaToR

yOnKiNaToR Junior Member

so what are you saying? no way in hell it's gonna fit?

secondly, i don't have the oem hood..i bought it with the aerogear hood on it.

4. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Sounds like it won't fit without modifying the hood. As TPP said, try an OEM hood. I KNOW it fits. :)

5. Accordturbo94

Accordturbo94 Senior Member

just cut a big hole out of the hood!!! so your shit shows! lol!!! GHETTO AFRO ENGINNERING

6. yOnKiNaToR

yOnKiNaToR Junior Member

i don't think i can modify the hood b/c i'd have to cut off the vent...then i'd have a hole in the hood...i thought that maybe something on the engine was isntalled wrong so the engine sits higher than it's supposed to. i'm surprised no one else has had this problem.

maybe i'll end up selling it, and using that money to help afford a CF hood.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted