Prelude jdm black housing 1pc question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chrisi05

I have been looking foreward to purchasing some jdm 1pc black housing stanley headlights for a while. I finally found some on ebay no cracks 100 bucks 40 dollar shiping. One set left if anyones interested. I know that I need a wiring harness wich I can purchase from passwordjdm.com. However from what I have gathered I need to replace my 9006 and 9005 bulbs Wich is what the wiring harness is for. I dont want to change them from my 9005 and 9006 since I already have HID"s that i love:(. Just curious about wich bulbs I need to use for jdm headlights? I think maybee h1 and h4? Can anyone shed some light on this? Do I have to replace my 9006 and 9005? What code is low beam bulb what one is high beam bulb? Answers will be much apreciated.

Found the answer to my question

The answer to my question since my lights have come in today is, yes they use h4 bulbs h4 bulbs are a high and low beam bulb. The slot where high beams go wich are 9005 on US preludes are h1's and they are just drive lights on the jdm headlights. You have to buy a wire harness to convert to h4 bulbs however I think I may have found an easier way since I have HID headlights. Use the ballasts from the hid headlights wich are conected to my 9006 bulbs and buy and hook h4 bulbs into those ballasts. Less than 20 dollar solution and I dont have have to buy the wire harness now or new HID's I will let everyone know how it works when I get everything fully installed. Not sure if the ballasts will handle the bigger bulb I will see though I guess.

Got everything installed and its working great and looks good. The h4 lights are much brighter than the 9006.

Some time has passed, and I have everything installed on these. I was wrong about the h1 bulbs being drive lights. The h4's will be your low beam bulb, they are your 9006 bulbs. The high beams will be h1 bulbs. You can clip your wiring and solder the bulb conection in if you want or they make a wire harness. I just soldered them , its pretty easy to do. Another thing about the jdm housing is, since they drive on the left side of the road in japan the headlights focus more to the left, meaning people in the oncoming lane hate you.

Back