1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prelude Power Windows Problem

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by SSL0207, Sep 16, 2006.

1. SSL0207

SSL0207 Mhmm....

i have a 97 prelude... great shape except that last week my power window on the driver's side started acting strangley... when the window would get near being all the way down a popping noise (sounds like plastic gears popping) would start and wouldn't stop until i reversed the direction of the window... and last night i was putting the windows up and suddenly the front part of the window fell... and now when raised the window isn't flush and it seems like power on the window is only being exerted on either the front or reer side of the window...

anybody know what is going on/has a suggestion/knows how to fix it without taking it in to a shop?

thanks in advance

2. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

probably off the tracks, you gotta take the door panel off to know for sure.

3. SSL0207

SSL0207 Mhmm....

i supose that makes it a better idea to go to somebody who knows what they are doing then...

4. reikoshea

?? did you have some install your speakers for you? removing the door panel isnt too hard, and if you dont feel comfortable touching your windows, youll at least be able to look and see what is causing the problem.

5. SSL0207

SSL0207 Mhmm....

so i took the door panel off... only to discover that the bolts which held the motor in place had ripped through the metal of the door... and the window is off its tracks... and i can't seem to be able to get it back on the tracks... so now its going to a repair shop...

6. reikoshea

atleast now you know what was going on :)

7. SSL0207

SSL0207 Mhmm....

yup, it was a learning experience

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted