Prelude Power Windows Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SSL0207

Mhmm....
i have a 97 prelude... great shape except that last week my power window on the driver's side started acting strangley... when the window would get near being all the way down a popping noise (sounds like plastic gears popping) would start and wouldn't stop until i reversed the direction of the window... and last night i was putting the windows up and suddenly the front part of the window fell... and now when raised the window isn't flush and it seems like power on the window is only being exerted on either the front or reer side of the window...

anybody know what is going on/has a suggestion/knows how to fix it without taking it in to a shop?

thanks in advance

?? did you have some install your speakers for you? removing the door panel isnt too hard, and if you dont feel comfortable touching your windows, youll at least be able to look and see what is causing the problem.

so i took the door panel off... only to discover that the bolts which held the motor in place had ripped through the metal of the door... and the window is off its tracks... and i can't seem to be able to get it back on the tracks... so now its going to a repair shop...

Back