1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prelude S, F22B1 swap from F22A1

Discussion in 'Prelude' started by Superaison, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Superaison

Superaison New Member

I have a 1994 Honda Prelude S w/Manual Transmission, with a F22A1 I swapped into it back in december from a older accord. The other day the thing took a dump, and in cyl2, the rod let go. I found another engine, an F22B1 out of a 1996 Accord w/Automatic Transmission that has 80k miles on it.

I plan on picking up that engine on thursday. I know I have to swap out my harness, injectors, and alternator, and distributer, to make it work on my OBD1 Prelude.

I plan on using a H23 tranny I have sitting in my garage with a Stage 1 clutch and OEM flywheel. I have a POA ECU sitting around I plan on using.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on this swap? I am not made of money so a H22 or H23 is out of question(I can't even find any haha).

I also have a full h23 sitting in my garage(incase I need anything off it lol, it needs bottom end rebuilt)
  2. andrei91

andrei91 New Member

im not sure if the h23 trany will bolt up to the f22 engine, u might need a adapter plate
  3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Rochester Hills, MI
    All H and F motors and transmissions are interchangeable. The only exception would be the S2000 motors (F20C and F22C). That's like Honda 101...
Draft saved Draft deleted