Prelude S Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

K, here's the deal. I just within the last 3 months spun a bearing in my USDM H22A1. So I went ahead and put in a JDM H22A and figured while I was at it I might as well put in a new tranny too. I had in the months before been researching the SI tranny as well as the S tranny, comparing them to the H22 tranny. I came to realize that at a small cost of quickness, I could gain gas mileage and top speed by putting an SI tranny in it. However, while looking under my hood, 3 months after the swap, I noticed some writing on the tranny. It said F22. I was PISSED. But after rolling it over in my head and running a 15.0 with the new setup on a bad night I came to the conclusion that its not that bad. No, my 1/4 time isn't as fast, but I still smoke damn near everything that pulls up on me, I get about 26 miles/gallon (I don't have a light foot at all) and the car will do 140 mph (disclaimer: I'm not responsible for you so don't try it ;) ). So basically other than the quarter mile time I am perfectley happy. So BlackJDMdeath, I now understand why I dip below vtec when I shift and you don't. The reason I am posting this story........ LOOK AT WHAT IS GETTING PUT IN YOUR CAR, if you do a swap through a shop like me. It was my own fault for not double checking to see if they got the right parts. Also, I saw a comment by H22Freshman about doing this swap (or something similar), Don't knock it til you've tried it bud. I would honestly recomend the SI tranny for performance and gas mileage compromise, but recomend the F22 for gas mileage and a small sacrifice in performance.

So what are you saying...u wanted the Si tranny, but u got an f22..lol thats funny as shit...no offense...but ur saying it works ok??? thats nice...what exaclty was ur time..? and do u think that if u had an Si tranny, that it would run 14's? thanks for ur reply ahead of time...

Thats exactly what I'm saying. With the original setup, H22A1 engine and tranny it ran 14.92. I know that there were a few internal problems also when I did that, like a blown head gasket. With the new setup I ran 15.06 at the same mph on a bad night. So I think on a good night I can break into the high 14's again with the JDM H22 and S (F22B) tranny. So with the SI tranny, I think it would also be in the 14's. This tranny is probably the best for rcing on the freeway. My third gear goes from about 70 mph all the way to 103 mph then fourth goes to about 130 and I still have fifth to shift into. Though at those speeds the wind is a big factor, from 130 to 140 it is a bit sluggish but it'll do it and I'm sure faster.

HA! I TOLD YOU THAT YOU DIDNT HAVE AN SI TRANNY! HA! :does the little "i was right" dance:

see... i know my ish mang!

Back