Prelude Type R Conversion.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Punisher

Anyone performed a conversion on their 92-96 H22A1 or 97-01 H22A4 to Prelude Type R or Accord Euro R H22A7 specs? What are the items needed inside the motor (ie. cylinder head and block) besides the TB, intake/exhaust manifold?

First off, you probably mean Type S. No such thing as a Prelude Type R.

Second....WHY? Don't let the specs of a certain engine guide your upgrade path. Set a goal for your build/power requirement, and go from there. Spending the loads of cash for OEM Honda parts to gain a couple of horses is the wrong way to go, IMHO.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 31 2005, 02:44 PM
First off, you probably mean Type S. No such thing as a Prelude Type R.

Second....WHY? Don't let the specs of a certain engine guide your upgrade path. Set a goal for your build/power requirement, and go from there. Spending the loads of cash for OEM Honda parts to gain a couple of horses is the wrong way to go, IMHO.
[post=453903]Quoted post[/post]​

My mistake, always equate the red DOHC VTEC valve cover with Type R spec'd, which the H22A7 originally has.

Took an awesome ride in a friend's modded Euro R, which led to this inspiration.

Anyway, spending loads of cash!? I was thinking nothing much needs to be changed, your words proved otherwise. I might reconsider.

If you want some pep look into a new valve train and some cams. If you want some more go a mild turbo.

Prelude Type R?????????

Just get Aftermarket
Camshaft,
Camgears,
Valvesprings,
Retainers,
Intake Manifold,
Exhaust Manifold,
High Compression Pistons,
ACT Clutch, Pressure Plate
ACT Flywheel
And Get a Machine Shop to Port Polish!!!

You will be happily suprised to see that that other car doesnt stand a chance to hang with you

Back