prelude wont shift into gears grinding noise

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need help ppl
i have a 92 prelude with swaped jdm motor and tranny
my car wont shift into any gears..i pop the cluch all the way and when i try to shift it makes a grinding noise, it doesnt even go in gear, it starts making dat noise..

when the car is off, i pop the clutch and it shifts fine...

please help me out:(

i had a similiar problem with my 97... turned out hydraulic fluid was leaking... cost like 400 bucks to fix it... a real drag... hope thats not what is happening to you...

yep .. sounds like the clutch hydraulic went out.. it happened in my old Ford Probe...

bleed the hydrolic line and go from there, also check for leaks from the slave cyl. and lines... did you install a new clutch before the swap? if not there is a chance you might have to... sorry.

yea clutch's suck to install, but that's what happened on my old motor and trans....clutch failure, your gonna need a new one, check the resvoir first, it is the small one on the firewall drivers side check the level and if it is good you need a clutch.

this just happened to me with my 92 vtec with m2b4. clutch master cylender. check your slave cylinder for leaks, then get under your dash, where your clutch pedal is, theres a rod going into the firewall that pushes into the master cylinder. if thats bad, there will probably be fluid on that rod or somewhere in that area.

Back