1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

premium gas for an accord ex?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Jenz5729, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Jenz5729

Jenz5729 Junior Member

I drive an accord ex and my engine recently blew up. I put in another f22a6 with only 60,000 miles on it. I usually use just regular 88 or whatnot, but someone told me I should be using 93 or above since I drive an EX. Is that true? When I bought the car, it didn't have the owners manual and I never thought about checking something like that since it was just an accord.

2. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Nope. The trim level of a car has nothing to do with what octane you should be filling it with.

Low-grade should be fine, and mid-grade couldn't hurt. You're wasting your money on premium, though. Go to a dealer and see if you can check a manual to see what it recommends.

3. ExplicitSnow

ExplicitSnow Senior Member

you still have a gasoline engine no matter what trim you have...the gauge face says "use unleaded fuel only"...then do that...premium isnt worth it, its not gonna show any difference in performance unless youve got a turbo or high compression setup...and in this case, i doubt you do

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted