premium gas for an accord ex?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jenz5729

I drive an accord ex and my engine recently blew up. I put in another f22a6 with only 60,000 miles on it. I usually use just regular 88 or whatnot, but someone told me I should be using 93 or above since I drive an EX. Is that true? When I bought the car, it didn't have the owners manual and I never thought about checking something like that since it was just an accord.

Nope. The trim level of a car has nothing to do with what octane you should be filling it with.

Low-grade should be fine, and mid-grade couldn't hurt. You're wasting your money on premium, though. Go to a dealer and see if you can check a manual to see what it recommends.

you still have a gasoline engine no matter what trim you have...the gauge face says "use unleaded fuel only"...then do that...premium isnt worth it, its not gonna show any difference in performance unless youve got a turbo or high compression setup...and in this case, i doubt you do

Back