prepping a car for auto-x??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can drive good and know how to use processe of elmination to make the car perform better and better after each event. not that i have ever done auto x but i understand whats envolved uside from a good car. Not to sound like a smrt and but its just i have a good perception of all the side stuff that factors in, thats why im asking class, engine and car specific questions.

My suggestion:

Buy a rulebook and do as many events as possible. Take an Evolution school, talk with experienced drivers, ride along, get as much seat time as possible for the first season or two then worry about the car. You could be driving a nationally competitive car or a slow ass tank your 1st season and it will not matter until you work on the most important aspect of going fast: the driver. As for Hondas in SM, well a B series hatch down on the minimum weight limit with 800+ lb springs and Moton triple adjustables and an amazing driver could concievably win it, but you still have to deal with the E36 M3 if you want to win, which in all honesty, is just a outright faster car around a course than any FF car is. *shrug* just go out there and have fun and don't get all caught up in the car. Drive the car in whatever class it fits into and enjoy it.

And FWIW, don't think because you think of yourself as a "good" driver that you will be fast at autocross. Prepare for disapointment if you think you are going to FTD on your first day out. Not to be rude or anything, just a reality check.

Yeah see thats the point im trying to get across "not to be rude" I know WTF is envolved, i know seat time is important. But thats not what im hear for and i feel people that keep proclaiming seat time, seat time, seat time, to me dont really grasp how well i grasp the concept. The car isint running, the car needs work, i will not go in one direction so i can get seat time only to turn and go another after i got it. I want to aim in ONE direction and leave it at that. And if you stand by your word it would be better to get the car in the general shape IE (the powerplant i will be running) And get seat time in it as it will most likely be when i try to compete for something more then my own fun. Get the idea? If not please dont post cause it is irritating. Like a noob coming in and answering questions with half ass answers or some one just throwing there .02 in. I asked specifics and i want specifics, if you cant understand why i feel like i do im sorry, it might even have to do with my parents doubting me so much but it IS irriating to me.

And guess what, i do think im a good driver. But if you have a remark for that could you imagine what you would have said if i said i think im a "great driver" or even an "awsome driver".......... Thats all the more reason its irritating.

As i and the other dude said "not to be rude" i didnt mean to come off arrogant, but theres some things you cant say with out them sounding a certan way. Sorry.

And i didnt mean to fill your thread with all my crap its just were kinda in the same boat pimp.

nah you are fine UDT. you bring up some good questions. ones that i hadnt thought of yet.

btw...whats a good helmet for a modest price?

Cool, i really didnt mean to piss any one off. I does seem as though bloncos always pissed off though. :p

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Oct 25 2004, 08:36 PM
nah you are fine UDT. you bring up some good questions. ones that i hadnt thought of yet.

btw...whats a good helmet for a modest price?
[post=407360]Quoted post[/post]​

Megan / Trinity works for a company that sells some pretty good helmets for not too much. I forget the brand, but it starts with a G.

I paid $80 from helmet city for a SA-2000 approved helmet.
it's not a shoei, but hey I only used it for auto-x I believe it's a HJC

Back