Presidential Address On Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

This is some whack shit!

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the brave souls protecting our country.

Our country where we can swap motors and drink beer. And... be free and have fun.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 18 2003, 02:07 AM
At least he is giving Saddam 48 hrs to leave. I would have unleashed the bombs a month or so ago. :)

Hell yea,not that I am hype about going to war,but shit,enough of the soap opera already.

man we've been ready for war for about a month now

work has been hustled so bad (norfolk naval shipyard)

7 12s are not fun on the human body :(

sleep was considered a delicasy after one week

the wars has been prepared for i know that :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 17 2003, 08:33 PM-->
Domeskilla
@Mar 18 2003, 02:07 AM
At least he is giving Saddam 48 hrs to leave. I would have unleashed the bombs a month or so ago. :)

Hell yea,not that I am hype about going to war,but shit,enough of the soap opera already.

so are you staying in Germany or has your squad been deployed to the mid east?

The US is ready but war means death, no matter how good the military. I pray to God that this is resolved asap with the minimum amount of US casualtys.

I'm just annoyed that even though there is an overwhelming lack of support fo rthis war, here and abroad, we're still going. Bush doesn't care about what the american people, or the people of the world think. It's a sad reality we have to deal with.

BTW, I'm sure you all know, the UN is false now.

The UN is a laughing stock and neds to get the fuck out and NY do something with that prime real estate.

Lacking support? Have you not seen the polls? 75% or so is backing the war here and 50-60% is backing Blair now.

current gallup polls put the united states at 64% support.

Nearly 1/3 people in the united states don't want this war.

Outside of the united states, support is WAY below what we're experieicning in the US. We're only supporting thism becuase we have to support it. We can't just say, "no" to our "boys" in the field.

Sadly, I too must say that I, "favor" this war. There is no other choice. I can't say no to american's out there fighting.

Codee, I don't know what polls you are reading, but I see numbers that are about opposite. It depends on whose poll you trust. The problem is my gengeration ( anyone from 17-20something) has no idea what war is like. It has been too long since the US has been involved in a war and we have no idea what it does to people. We seem to think that war is glorious. "We are just doing a job."

50-60% backing Blair???? That is a completely bogus number, 50-60% of whom? Not of the general British population. The motives for this war are simple to spot, just look at them people/companies that are standing to benefit from it.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 17 2003, 10:33 PM
I don't know what polls you are reading, but I see numbers that are about opposite. It depends on whose poll you trust. The problem is my gengeration ( anyone from 17-20something) has no idea what war is like. It has been too long since the US has been involved in a war and we have no idea what war is like. We seem to think that war is glorious. "We are just doing a job." 50-60% backing Blair???? That is a completely bogus number, 50-60% of whom? Not of the general British population. The motives for this war are simple to spot, just look at them people/companies that are standing to benefit from it.

Fox News this morning said the newest polls are starting to show britian backing Blair more and more. It was 20-25% and now its up to 50-60%. +/- 3%

I wouldn't believe anything coming from Fox, the network that brought us such wonderful programming as Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire and Reality TV. :roll:

i think that most americans are indifferent, they dont know what to think. I think bush is a prick tho, telling the american people that no amount of protest and demonstration is going to stop him from sending us to war. its shit man. ive got alot of freinds who are going to be fighting, im not looking forward to hearing that one of thems dead over some bullshit that bush thinks is worth killing and dieing for. america set up the un to find diplomatic solutions to problems so there would be no more war and we're distroying it because we know we can. If iraq went into isreal on grounds of proactive prevention, wed fuckin nuke em, but when we do it its ok. fuck this war

As for supporting our troops. I do, I want to bring them home without them risking their lives to erraticate an imaginary threat and benefit a minority of people in this country.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Mar 18 2003, 04:16 AM-->
so are you staying in Germany or has your squad been deployed to the mid east?

The US is ready but war means death, no matter how good the military. I pray to God that this is resolved asap with the minimum amount of US casualtys.
I am deployed now.Our (my unit's) mission isn't the Middle east right now,but someone is going to relieve the troops there now,and considering the amount of troops deployed already,we may not see any down time after this deployment.

Originally posted by gupta_p Posted on Mar 18 2003@ 04:29 AM
Outside of the united states, support is WAY below what we're experieicning in the US. We're only supporting thism becuase we have to support it. We can't just say, "no" to our "boys" in the field.
Lets fly a plane into Parliment or the Ifel(sp) Tower and see how fast support for this "unjustified war" brews outside the US.

gupta_p Posted on Mar 18 2003
@ 04:19 AM
BTW, I'm sure you all know, the UN is false now.
That's like saying "I'm sure you all know,Santa Claus is false.''

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 18 2003, 04:33 AM
The problem is my gengeration ( anyone from 17-20something) has no idea what war is like. It has been too long since the US has been involved in a war...

A public war like this,yes,but we have been in conflicts non stop since Vietnam.

I remember being a kid watching TV news about Beruit and Iran,giving weapons to the Afghans to fight the Russians,all I have to say is the games need to end and we need to straighten up our foriegn policy.

I am sorry, I need to clarify. We haven't been exposed to a conflict so we have no concept of what it does to people.

I agree, our foriegn policy needs to see major changes. We need to pull our support from non-Democratic governments even if it hurts the pocket book for a while.

the problem is the majority of the american people are apathetic in regards to our foreign policy. they dont really understand whats going on, and they want to support our country, so they blindly cast their vote. im suprised it doesnt bother americans that only 1 other country supports this war. i too hope for a quick 'in and out'. i remember someone saying that we should concentrate on our homeless instead of giving aid to other countries. but this war has a projected cost of 60 billion.

Back