Presidential Address On Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Mar 18 2003, 05:50 AM
i remember someone saying that we should concentrate on our homeless instead of giving aid to other countries. but this war has a projected cost of 60 billion.

That would be me,and it's true.We have enough problems at home,but homeless don't produce money,so we ignore them.

I'm still waiting to see which construction company gets the job to pave the fucking place after we're done :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 17 2003, 11:39 PM
I'm still waiting to see which construction company gets the job to pave the fucking place after we're done :lol:

congrats on the dumbass comment from a guy who cant get laid

Originally posted by karnash@Mar 18 2003, 12:40 AM
why dont they just send in some seals or some shit to assasinate saddam?

i heard that it has been tried, but at any one time Saddam has up to six extremely good doubles scattered about. Larry king or someone interviewed his girlfriend(?) and they went thru a batch of pictures and she pointed out 3 different impostors. That makes it a little harder I guess. :huh:

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Mar 18 2003, 12:47 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 17 2003, 11:39 PM

congrats on the dumbass comment from a guy who cant get laid

how is that a dumbass comment?

it made little sense, and wasnt very funny, but i cracked a smile inside my brain.....

blairs own gov dosn't support him i have family there support is at the 20% range withing most of the country not 50 thats bogus I talked to them todays and it as low as ever now that this has happend we will se but i dont think it going up those brits dont like anything that interferse with evning tea and drinking beer

just saw a special about the upcoming war hosted by peter jennings. they talked to several military experts. this is not going to be like the gulf war at all. for one, the iraqis have home field advantage. two, they are not retreating along a narrow path out of kuwait like before. three, once the troops reach bagdad, it will be urban fighting with saddam's well trained republican guards. that means door-to-door, street-by-street fighting, like it was in france and germany during world war two.

a retired general was asked if he thinks saddam will flee or surrender. he said saddam will probably go down like hitler. hitler was last seen dancing inside his palace bunker as it burned.

this is going to be a tough one.

You think the shit they tell us is scary? Imagine the things we dont know. Do you think bush really wants to put his nation in harms way? If you have ever seen the movie 13 days, you'd know what i am talking about. I think there's alot more than we know about. I can agree with bush in the fashion that we MUST get saddam out of there. We didnt do it the first time and now look where we are. So if we let him slip away again, where will we be in 10 more years?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 17 2003, 10:39 PM

:lol: :D

A couple of months ago the marines were calling me crazy, trying to get me to come to their office so they could show me want things the had to offer. lol

kinda wierd, i was coming home from work and stop at a light near a hotel, next to it was the hotel pool. i thought i saw osama bin laden and sadamm together in a hot pool. it was pretty outrageas, next day when i went to get my alignment at Krimlin Motorsports, the same guy (sadamm) that i saw at the hotel was doing my alignmeny, i got kinda scared it might be a terror attack, so i double checked whatever he did, PB, good luck on the War on Iraq!

IMO Saddam needs to be taken care of ASAP, but with more international support. It saddens me to see the growing differences between the various European countries and the United States.
I'm French but I've been living in the States for 11 years, so I consider both countries as my home. I just hope that this conflict will not damage the relations of both countries.
I do agree with lsvtec that there are a lot of problems on the home front that need to be taken care of too before focusing on foreign problems.
Also I don't understand why Iraq is supposedly such a threat when North Korea has publicly admitted to weapons and such.

Even though I don't agree with Bush's policy, I still hope the US Armed Forces come home safely.

Hopefully it will all be over soon.

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Mar 18 2003, 09:26 AM
Also I don't understand why Iraq is supposedly such a threat when North Korea has publicly admitted to weapons and such.

:werd:

I believe it has something to do with the fact that NONE of the neighboring countries want us to intervene. I think the difference between that and Iraq is that, North Korea can do some devastating damage with the weapons they alledgedly have, while Saddam is nothing more than a tiny mouse in a huge box of cat litter.

US was one of the BIG FOUR who led the UN (US, Britain, Russia, and China) (50 nations that compromised peace). UN is not agreeing with US because if one UN member disagree (France), then US does not have the right to go to war. Then a couple days ago US, Britain, and Spain had held a coalition out in the atlantic. All three countries will withdrawl from UN. This concluded me that it makes us looks like a bunch of backstabbers. what on earth is PB thinkin? i think he's only trying to sell some tickets.

Originally posted by viciousracing Posted on Mar 18 2003+ 05:57 PM -->
viciousracing Posted on Mar 18 2003 @ 05:57 PM ) said:
This concluded me that it makes us looks like a bunch of backstabbers. what on earth is PB thinkin?
He was thinking France was going to veto anything he put on the table,so what's the point?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord Posted on Mar 18 2003@ 05:28 PM
I believe it has something to do with the fact that NONE of the neighboring countries want us to intervene.

Except for the thirteen or so,that since we have gone ahead with backing up our actions,have opened up the borders to us to aid in troop placement and air space.It isn't that they don't want intervention,it is because they fear reprisal from Saddam for supporting the "Imperilist" United States.Now that they know we are in the fight,they are no longer worried about the local backlash.

pissedoffsol @ Mar 17 2003
@ 11:39 PM
I'm still waiting to see which construction company gets the job to pave the fucking place after we're done  :lol:

Brown and Root will get it,they probably already have it,haha.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 18 2003, 10:55 PM
Actually, I meant the situation over in the Pacific. Russia, Japan, even South Korea are against us moving in.

Got ya,I think (IMO) that the other countries know that it needs to be done and is long overdue,but they don't have the clout that we do to throw that kind of sentiment into the wind and see where it ends up.

Originally posted by one zexy crx@Mar 18 2003, 08:06 AM
You think the shit they tell us is scary? Imagine the things we dont know. Do you think bush really wants to put his nation in harms way? If you have ever seen the movie 13 days, you'd know what i am talking about. I think there's alot more than we know about. I can agree with bush in the fashion that we MUST get saddam out of there. We didnt do it the first time and now look where we are. So if we let him slip away again, where will we be in 10 more years?

Exactly. We are not supposed to know the secret stuff. It has been said that Iraq citizens are waiting for us to oust Saddam, but we don't hear that type of stuff because if they speak out, they and their family will die. Would you like to live like that. i wouldn't. thats why I am supporting my country, because I am free, and would like to see all countries free. Why should someone be in charge of your life. What if we where not free. Think about that. Think of the Iraqi citizens and what they have to go thru everyday. They are so suppressed. They have a "leader" that will unleash chemical weapons on them whenever he feels the need. What if that happened in smalltown USA. What if the president just one day said "Fuck it, throw some chemicals on smalltown Usa, we don't like the things they are saying about the government. Alot of americans are blinded by taking their freedom for granted. And they say "well, why send in american troops and let them get killed and hurt" Because it is their job!!!! That is why I joined! That is why my wife joined! We take an Oath, and we live by that Oath. quit thinking about yourselves, and think about the Iraqi citizens. Its not them we are against, it is their so called "leader"!

And as I am typing this, they just released the name of the War. " Operation Free Iraq"

Back