Presidential Address On Iraq

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

no matter what does happen this decision is going to effect the whole country, and many other countries. I wonder how much support we, united states/bush, is going to get from other countries that doubted the problems, how many are going to change their view points in the short time after the start of what could trun out to be the next world war, it is hard to say if this war is going to be short just depends on the will of those involved and what saddam really has. there has been talk of reinstatement of the drift, it was shot done at capital hill since the amount of soldiers in the reserves, but it is always a possibility for the future.

I agree with many of the points that lsvtec has brought up, we need to focus on our own country, the homeless and what not, to bring our countries standard of living and education/litercy up. i dont believe that welfare should be the way that the government does it, to many miss use it. the u.s has a great influence in the world and sometimes that is not always a good thing, many other countries hate us, we should look at not having such a strong influence on the diplomicy of other countries and focus on our country to better it.

my $.02 for the day, we talked about this somewhat today in my AP Goverment class

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 18 2003, 03:07 PM
Got ya,I think (IMO) that the other countries know that it needs to be done and is long overdue,but they don't have the clout that we do to throw that kind of sentiment into the wind and see where it ends up.

:werd: I wholeheartedly agree.

IMO there are three big reasons we are "ignoring" North Korea:
1. No Oil
2. They could actually hurt us if we tried to disarm them
3. China doesn't want us to intervene. Even if you have the most advanced military in the world, it's hard to argue with that kind of man power.

the war is needed if saddam is going to act like this. now dont get me wrong. i dont like war and my brother in law will be fighting, but it must be done to ensure peace later on. think of what that dumbass saddam might do in the future if we did nuthing. i dont think he cares about the world and thats way he would blow anything up to prove that. i pray for the lives of those who will be representing us all over there fighting. id fight if i was old enough too. i hope you would too. im not to sit on my ass while others fight. theres my cent and a half.

Originally posted by viciousracing@Mar 18 2003, 11:57 AM
US was one of the BIG FOUR who led the UN (US, Britain, Russia, and China) (50 nations that compromised peace). UN is not agreeing with US because if one UN member disagree (France), then US does not have the right to go to war. Then a couple days ago US, Britain, and Spain had held a coalition out in the atlantic. All three countries will withdrawl from UN. This concluded me that it makes us looks like a bunch of backstabbers. what on earth is PB thinkin? i think he's only trying to sell some tickets.

COME TO EARTH BUDDY. No one goes to the gay ass UN for aproval. Clinton did not get approval when he bombed Iraq when he was prez. French did not get it when they were against the British isles. There are 2+ other examples but I'm drawing a blank

Originally posted by lsvtec@Mar 19 2003, 01:22 AM
1. No Oil
3. China doesn't want us to intervene. Even if you have the most advanced military in the world, it's hard to argue with that kind of man power.

1.Plus,who the hell wants a Kia?,j/p but really the oil thing (depending on how you mean) is not an issue.

2.The casualties in a conflict with them would be higher than Iraq,but that is because they wouldn't give up before the war even started.But really,we would win there too.

3.Do you blame CHina though?Nowadays the diplomacy for that war,would be insane.

You know.. Its funny b/c France was saying they (Iraq) don't have any WMD, but today they said if he uses them, then France will help us. WTF? Thought they didn't have any? The UN doesn't want us to go in, but they sure as fuck want to help with the rebuild. They should be barred from helping, tell everyone who didn't help to fuck off.

UN = Worthless, imo.

Sorry for the off subject, but this is a lil thing about the war/politics.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 18 2003, 05:52 PM-->
@Mar 19 2003, 01:22 AM
1. No Oil

1.Plus,who the hell wants a Kia?,j/p but really the oil thing (depending on how you mean) is not an issue.

2.The casualties in a conflict with them would be higher than Iraq,but that is because they wouldn't give up before the war even started.But really,we would win there too.

3.Do you blame CHina though?Nowadays the diplomacy for that war,would be insane.

I'll believe that oil is not a motivating factor when American companies don't touch a drop of oil from Iraq without paying the fair market value for it, and the companies that do deal in Iraqi oil do not have monetary ties to Bush Cheney or the rest of the gang. Until that is shown I will continue to believe that oil was a motivating factor (maybe not the sole factor, but one of them).
2. That is my point, North Korea has the ability to do major damage. Iraq really doesn't.
3. I don't blaim China at all. The politics surrounding US involement in N Korea would be hellish.

Back