pretty screwed. maybe?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

This is going to be blunt I have ITB and hondata s200. and cant find someone to tune for 1 reason or another its ITB or s200. Cant afford an upgrade for awhile. Would it really be that hard to tune myself with the right reference material?

In theory, you should be able to do it yourself. I have a friend who tuned is 5-series BMW on his own. you just have to read a lot and have the right software.

There's no reason why someone can't tune s200 and itb's. I know for a fact it can be done because we tuned tbone's itb crx car some 14 years ago on it... geeze.
Steve Saki came up from VA a couple times to work it. that said, I'm not sure I would try to learn how to tune on that setup. ITB's are a PITA.

i assume oceanside is in cali... There's gotta be someone out there who can do it.
What shops have you called?

I should update my profile I'm in south dakota. that is my fault I apologize. There is a place in sioux falls SD about 3 hours south of me is the only place I know of and they said nope wont do it. I asked if he knew of a place he said maybe in Minneapolis/ st paul. and that is bout 7-8 hours away IIRC. It seems to me that I have a choice not finish the car this year or tune the damn thing myself.

Or, import a tuner
Or, hold a dyno day with a tuner and get a bunch of cars to make the cost of bringing the guy in cheaper.

if there was someone around me that could tune id ship them here in the best fridge box i can find haha. The people I talked to said they wont tune my car because its the s200 and its " a pain in the ass to tune" his words not mine.

I wouldn't want him touching my car anyway after saying that. Yeah, the s300 software is better, but it doesn't 'tune' any easier.

If you can find 2 or 3 guys in the area who need a tune, see if you can get a guy to fly up for a weekend event.

Ya very frustrating. I found a shop that does domestics and sent and email to see if they would tune for me.

called a few shops today from the cities and no go i was told no one can tune it in the area. So I guess my choices still remain try it myself or i have to get something different.

If a S200 is like Kpro, you should try to find a tuner for Hondas that will tune via email. He'll send you a base map. Then you send data logs and he sends you a updated tune. Then the process is repeated until you have a decent end result.

I'm going to trade in my s200 for the s300 its 400 bucks and they put it in your ecu thanks for the help guys

Back