Price Check On Isle B16.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Panzer_M

I got a qoute from a local shop for $3200 for a JDM B16(SiR II) installed in my Civic?
that without a core charge. Is that good? or should I keep looking around?

first lose the pic in your signiture

second, i wouldn't consider that a good price and you really should just do the swap yourself anyways

Originally posted by Panzer_M@May 7 2003, 12:37 AM
Don't have the resources to do the swap myself.

what resources? rent a cherry picker for like $50 and but a set of hand tools. If you really want pick up a compressor with less than half the money you'll save by not paying someone. Either way you can do it with hand tools and a rented lift in a garage.

meaning I am at my student apartment this summer.
given I do alot of work now in the parking lot on smaller stuff
brakes, Springs/Struts ect.

But dropping an engine is beyond my capabilities at the moment.

anyways the only concern I have is wiring the JDM into the 00 Civic EX.
that would be the one thing I would have no clue how to do, not saying I can't learn just at the moment
I have no clue into the electrical of the car beyond the basic.

i got a quote not too long ago for a USDM B16 swap into my EG for $2900. i think $3200 is too much. keep looking.

i personally think that the price you were given was a little too high. i did my b16A swap in my integ for 2500 including the labor, parts to change from auto to manual ect, engine, ecu, axles ect. if i were you ask and look around for a better deal.

if by any chance you live in the denver area call 303 432 3105.
the place is pro image auto. and ask for T. Sidara he should give you a good deal.

waaaw

it cost me aroud only 1400$ to swap Vtec DOHC 1.6 into my hatch 92 including every thing
(motor,parts & handwork).
thats in middle east (gulf & jordan).

Originally posted by VTEC DOHC@May 8 2003, 01:23 AM
waaaw

it cost me aroud only 1400$ to swap Vtec DOHC 1.6 into my hatch 92 including every thing
(motor,parts & handwork).
thats in middle east (gulf & jordan).

yes and that was an obd1 motor and I'm sure the demand there isn't as high

just trade u care in for a nother 2000 sept si that way u know the shit was done write and ull prblly get a desent warrenty buying engine swap warrenty good for about 3 months 3000 for my jdm b16a2 swap from canada shipped and put in

Back