Price check on R33 brake calipers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
how much should I pay for a set of used on's on ebay? (all four) I want to put em on the S14

Well...how much can you afford?

You get what you pay for....

I'm not up on the going rate, but you should base that rate on the condition of the set. A new set might run a few hundred. But, if you want to stop on a dime, and have the dime to spend, then look at Arizona Z car for the upgraded brakes...not bad prices, and you get what you pay for.

http://www.arizonazcar.com/240sxbrakes.html

your not going to get anything better than that...for anything cheaper...and if you go all the way out, and try to find something better...than your just going to waste money. For brakes for any Z or 240SX...that's prolly the best bang for the buck. New and delivered. No worries if they need to be rebuilt, cuz they come to you new. And I haven't heard anything bad about the company that sells them.

I just wish I could afford them :cry:

Yeah those look shit hot but I don't know if I need a 6 piston wilwood setup for a 300-320 hp project. isn't that like swatting flies with a sledgehammer?

Another quick question, aren't the R33 and 300ZX brake calipers the same?

You want '90 300ZX non-turbo calipers and rotors for the same application. Don't argue, just get em.

I just don't see the need, maybe if I was rebuilding the block and looking at 500hp. I would have to buy larger wheels to so there goes another 2K if I want to do it right lol

as opposed to the skyline/300zx calipers which I can put under my 17" wheels and should give me quite a bit more braking power all for around a K

oh I'm upgrading the brake regardless I just think the Skyline Brake conversion is more bang for the buck and plenty or stopping power for 300ish HP with the right rotors and pads

you'll pay just a couple hundred more for NEW parts that are BETTER.

and i have 4-pistons on the front and 2 pistons on the rear of the sti..... and i could easily use more brake.
just need to find a tire that won't lock up :p

also keep in mind...your brakes are also limited to your tires....

Yoou can have the best brakes in the world, but if your tires have no grip...than it's not going to stop the car.

LMAO

I already have 5lug so just the rotor, the pads, and the calipers right?.

I saw a 300Z at a car lot so I pilled in and looked at the brake, they're nice :)

UPGRADE THE PADS!! AND THE LINES!!!! ANNNNNND THE FLUID!!

now when you hit the brakes you WILL be stopping really quickly, just dont brake check something really hard behind you...

60-0 should be less than 100feet... so... be careful.

lol I know

My proposed setup:
Skyline/300Z calipers
Brembo cross drilled rotors
stainless lines

I have a dvd that actually walks you through the conversion (not that it's brain surgery anyways)

Back