Price on CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Hello

Its finaly getting to that time where money is rolling in and i can start finding a CRX. Im thinking of defently going with an SI seeing I don't have to upgrade and look threw junkyards to find cheap parts and other reasons. I was wondering for an 89-91 SI how much should i spend on one?.. i was thinking 500-950 dollars tops.. for one.. what do u think? or more up in 1500 or so?

ya i was probly guessing too, but it dose not have to look great the engine just gota run (for a small time,lol). but if im gona buy a crx for 2g's ill just buy a 92+ civic hatch for a few dollars more

you're going about this thr wrong way- fuck the motor. buy a car with a decent body, then buy a motor for it :)

i need the car to be able to take a small beating untill i can get the mounts and track down an b18a obd-0 engine. im just turning 16 and im working at an autobody shop preping cars (or soon will,lol). So im getting real serious now about how much i should spend so i can bargain with the person or people :D

bah, buy it with a blown motor. i bet you can pick up a d16a6 for 100-200 bucks tops to swap in for a temp replacement.

ya i can see it now.. my family would love that :lol: :p , Ya mom i can't drive it yet? Mom: why not?. Me: because i bought with a blown motor Mom: WTF?!?! :angry: . lol but i would atlest try to get one with a working motor.. only needs to last atlest 4 to 5 months max..

Maybe youll get lucky like i did but mines not a si. Just and hf but the body was almost mint. the only thing that was wrong with it was the axels.975...

You could buy mine... just keep feeding it a quart of oil every 100 miles, then check coolant at every tank and you're good to go. It's a thirsty motherfucker.

:lol:

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Jul 21 2003, 12:12 AM
ill pass. Ill have money rolling in but not that much,lol

Just buy the cheapest oil. :lol:

You can find a good used CRX Si in Texas for $1500.

I got mine CRX Si for 1500. :) It was someone I knew tho so I got hooked up.

i bought my 91 si, in very good shape for $700 bucks. the kid was going in the army, engine used oil and smoked like crazy, so he bought a zc and was planning on doing it until he decided to sign up. he threw in the zc and his stereo. i sold the stereo to a buddy for 500 bucks. beat that!!

and the other end of the spectrum I bought my '91 DX w/ 32K miles for $5K
the only thing I need to fix is the 3-4 dings that a paintless dent remover would work wonders on.

My best friend found a 91 CRX Si in an online ad while we were stationed in CT. So we drove to Boston on Superbowl Sunday '02 to look at it. Car was garage kept, black/black, lady-owned, with 130k on it. I told my friend if he didn't buy it, that I would. Since banks were closed, We each took the $400 limit out of an ATM machine(I was nice and loaned him), and he bought the car for $800.

It was a good day. On the way home, stopped at Dave&Busters(Providence, RI) and rooted for the Rams(we're both from St. Louis) in a house full of die-hard Patriots fans.

He still drives the CRX daily(Norfolk, VA) and wouldn't sell it for for a dime less than $2000.

Back