Price?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda801

I have b18c1 and spun a rod bearing, does any one know about how much im looking at as far as labor for machining the short block (journals, bearings, crank, and rods). I do plan on having it polished and balanced, pretty much just the works on a short block.

Right, i have the bearings. just trying to figure a ballpark on the machine shop labor. just matching, polishing and machining bearings, straight line hone, polish the crank and machining or balancing everything, it is boosted with sleeves and at 379 whp, eagle rods, 9-1 eagle pistons and just trying to figure a round about number on the machining side of a short block refresh.I would just like to get a ballpark on the works. hourly shop rates or total guestimates just to redo everything minus the parts, just while its tore down. any ballparks would be great the last time i had all the machine work done was 5 years ago and i dont remember what it cost just because i was spending $$$$ on everything.

Rates vary by shop and location. Best thing for you to do is just call your local shop and ask...

Back