Printer recommendation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
I hate that I can not just print with the black cartridge on my Epson. I need to print in black but I can't because my cyan cartridge is out. There is no reset on the bottom of the cartridge I have.
Is there a cheaper printer I can print with only the black cartridge. I use a printer rarely and rarely even print with color. I had Lexmark before that I could do this with but was unsure if they still let you print only in black.

I hate that I can not just print with the black cartridge on my Epson. I need to print in black but I can't because my cyan cartridge is out. There is no reset on the bottom of the cartridge I have.
Is there a cheaper printer I can print with only the black cartridge. I use a printer rarely and rarely even print with color. I had Lexmark before that I could do this with but was unsure if they still let you print only in black.

Go with a cheap HP laser at around $100 or less. Laser toner cartridges last a LOT longer than typical ink cartridges and produce way better image quality- and you can get replacement toner for about $20-30 off Amazon.

i didn't think HP lasers were any cheaper than 160-180.

hey that is the same one i got at home (inherited from the office) works great ;)

Yup, cheap and reliable- we had one of those in the earlier model (Laserjet 1020) for quite a few years, actually need to sell it with a brand new cartridge. Being able to fire out a few thousand pages per $20 cartridge is damn economical, and 15+ pages per minute with a 5 second startup time work well for me.

Not bad. I hate spending so much for the epson cartridges. Do the lazers work well limited use? Like I might not use it for 2 months.

Yeah, no problems there. Nothing to dry up- it's already dry!

Look at staples. They usually have a cheapo brother laser printer on sale for $99 or $149. Little troopers. I've purchased two and put thousands of pages through both. No hickups form either, ever. And you can buy toner refills for $12 online. 3000+ printed pages for $12. Can't beat it.

I've honestly had driver issues with Brother printers all the time- other than that they work great.

I broke down and just bought the 1 cartridge I needed. I am working on my resume so its buying time til I find a good deal on a new printer.

ugh. this is why i dumped my HP inkjet.

black ink must have dried in the lines or something. would not print black, even with a fresh cartridge. i just print shit at work now lol.

resume's should be printed on better paper, like go to staples/kinkos' etc and get some nice heavy weight paper.

otherwise, a paper resmue is pretty obsolete these days....

who prints resumes? i just email it to them.

I'll bring some copies (got to look prepared), but they always have it.

i doubt anyone gives a shit what paper your resume is printed on.

I am printing them to see how they look when printed incase the employer prints them.

Got let go from one of my jobs today, some we****k came in and undercut us losing a profitable job. So now I got to get the resume going.

Last edited:
I like to see the printed version, I am not a sit behind the computer all day kind of guy.

Back