Probably 2 Stupid Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

P7ank5te7

I was looking under the hood today on my civic and was thinking of getting a fuel pressure gauge for the fun of it and was looking, and seen that it wouldn't fit at the fuel filter, without a hose or something. My question is, I was looking at the fuel rail where the fuel line connects, and nut looks like it has regulator on it, kind of like the FPR. I was wondering what that was or if I could get a gauge and a nut kit they sell on ebay and put it there, since it will not fit under the hood with the fuel filter. My other question is timing related. I put the car in diagnostic mode, which is all I thought you needed to do, then use the timing light. Well I did put the jumper in and tried checking the timing, but it was showing way out , and would still advance when revved up.. The car is a 95 Civic Ex, with just an intake and cat back exhaust. Thanks. -Gary

No body could tell me what the piece is on the fuel rail or if I could replace it with the banjo fitting for the fp gauge?

when you buy the gauge it has the hardware to install on the filter.... get the B&M

Well I have the gauge, but the clearances between the hood and the fuel filter is tight, and is meant to connect directly to the fittings, not via a hose setup, thats why I wanted to know. What is that piece on the fuel rail tho anyways, its on the inlet line with a white cover. Kind of looks like a Regulator it self although its not... Gary

Go to lowes or homedepot and get a $1.95, 90' degree copper fitting thats what i did with mine and it works good.....

Ya I know...LoL.. Probably what I'll do but what in god creation is that piece, no one seems to have answered that question for me...The honda manual I bought don't even show the fuel rail but its like ya know, You show someone something and they want to know what it is and what it does, kind of like a little kid. ya know? -Gary

if its the piece im thinking of (white nut on the end of the fuel rail?) i believe its for a fuel return line? although i have seen it used for NOS aplications, pressure gauges, and the obviouse fuel return line in high pressure fuel applications?

ya its like a white cap nut, but its the feed line...not return, because isnt the pressure regulator got the return line on it? -Gary

i have mine located on top of the Fuel Filter on the firewall thats where you get the best FP IMO

Ya. Im gonna do that, I just have to go buy a couple fittings to move it a little lower.. The fittings should have no bearing on the pressure right? And I should use piping tap to avoid leaking right? -Gary

Ya. Im gonna do that, I just have to go buy a couple fittings to move it a little lower.. The fittings should have no bearing on the pressure right? And I should use piping tap to avoid leaking right? -Gary
yes i used theflon tape and it workd GOOD no leaks!!!

Awesome. Probably best to get off my lazy @$$, and replace the fuel filter too since I don't know when it was changed last and probably due for it...LoL.. Hopefully I'll get that all done this weekend if its nice and such.. so..-Gary

Back